IGNORED

Game Hunting In Washington

Haven't really been out to anywhere that has games and still avoiding things like yard sales since they're not essential things. I did pop into a pawn shop since my parents needed to go to a nearby store...but unfortunately the pawn shop is the one that has pretty much gotten rid of their games, they barely have any games and certainly no old stuff. But I did manage to find a PSP game that I didn't have! So that was surprising lol.

Pawn shop:

PSP Medievil Resurrection - $8 (CIB)

IMG_20200815_202407.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 months later...

Been awhile. I haven't been able to find games during the few times I do manage to go to a thrift store so finding games is a bit hard. I did luck out and run into a pawn shop really quickly. I managed to find Gameboy games of all things! Usually this pawn shop doesn't have old games so I was pretty surprised.

Pawn Shop:

3DS Pokemon Moon - $10 (CIB)

GB Attack of the Killer Tomatoes - $10

GB Burgertime Deluxe - $10

GB Maru's Mission - $10

GB Mr. Chin's Gourmet Paradise - $10

GB Spy vs Spy - $10

The Gameboy games are in amazing shape. Labels all nice and clean. The person must have taken care of their games.

I tried uploading pictures of these but I keep getting an error so idk what to do...

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Been going to more thrift stores lately...and I actually managed to find Goodwill's that had games?! I couldn't believe it either lol.

Goodwill #1:

PS2 EyeToy AntiGrav - $4 (CIB)

PS2 EyeToy Kinetic - $4 (CIB)

Wii Mario Kart Wii - $4 (CIB)

This Goodwill was in the middle of nowhere and I've never been so I figured that's why it had games still (that and who the hell collects EyeToy games...except me because exclusives lol...actually AntiGrav looks fun...)

Goodwill #2:

PS1 Pitfall 3D - $3 (CIB)

What surprised me was that it was a PS1 game at a Goodwill...and it was at a Goodwill close by that I've never seen games at...who knew.

Salvation Army:

GBA Spyro 2 - $13 (with manual, no box)

So I probably over spent given the fact I own Spyro 2 but I wanted that manual...I also regret buying anything from Salvation Army because of their views...

HPB:

GC Resident Evil 3 - $60 (CIB)

360 Anarchy Reigns - $8 (sealed)

360 Gears of War 2 - $6 (CIB)

360 Gears of War 3 - $5 (sealed)

I think I paid a decent price on Resident Evil 3...I really wanted to treat myself plus it's been on my want list for awhile...and the price was lower then eBay so it just felt right. The other games are just filling in holes in my 360 collection.

So overall some decent games...some odd choices, a regret, but nothing too horrible. But nothing amazing either.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Been a minute. I forget to post my finds on here...lol.

December:

Switch Waku Waku Sweets - Gift from mom (new)

PS2 .Hack Infection - Secret Santa gift (CIB)

N64 Castlevania - Secret Santa gift

PS1 Lunar Silver Star Story Complete - $60 (CIB, and I mean it is complete, map, manual and outer box)

PSP Half Minute Hero - $15 (CIB)

[First Facebook Marketplace find]

DS Glory of Heracles - $5 (CIB)

DS Lost in Blue 3 - $5 (CIB)

DS Myst - $5 (CIB)

DS Professor Layton and The Curious Village - $5 (CIB)

DS Professor Layton and The Diabolical Box - $5 (CIB)

DS Professor Layton and The Unwound Future - $5 (CIB)

[All the DS were pawn shop pickups]

Vita Psychedelica of The Ashen Hawk - $20 (CIB with cards)

[Half Price Books find]

NES Abadox - $12

PS2 Fantavision - $4 (CIB)

PS2 Fur Fighters - $8 (CIB)

PS2 Herdy Gerdy - $10 (CIB)

PS2 Metropolismania - $12 (CIB)

[Game store pickup]

January:

Value Village:

2600 The Activision Decathlon - $3

2600 Hangman - $3

2600 Speedway II - $3

Game store:

Traded in 500+ DVDs for store credit. Got $150 which I think is fair (most places don't even take DVDs!) and spent it on these.

Genesis Space Harrier II (CIB)

GG Sonic Triple Trouble

GG X-Men

GG X-men Gamemaster's Legacy (label faded)

PS1 Kingsley's Adventure (CIB)

And what the store didn't take I sold to a pawn shop for $14. Then I used that to buy this game which she took $10 off of for me.

Pawn shop:

3DS Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn (CIB)

I had to return two of the games from the game store (I already had them!). So I replaced them with these games.

Game store:

NES The Adventure's of Bayou Billy

NES Cybernoid

N64 Extreme G-2

N64 Milo's Astro Lanes

N64 Superman (yes really)

N64 Turok Rage Wars

Value Village:

360 Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition - $5 (CIB)

Awesome official Nintendo employees portfolio from 1992 - $2 🙂

Half Price Books:

Xbox Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II - $13 (CIB)

And I think that's it. Lots of bits and pieces lol.

• Like 4

• 2 months later...

Forgot to post some finds again. Back in March I went to my local game store because I had some more doubles to sell them.

March:

NES Target: Renegade - $15 (with manual)

NES Swords and Serpents - $15 (with manual)

NES Where in the Time is Carmen Sandiego? - $10 (has big box but no manual/book)

NES Xexyz - $15

A few days ago I went back to the same store and traded in the last of my doubles. I think going forward if I do buy doubles via yard sales or anything...I'm going to go with $30+ games...then sell those on Craigslist or something because I can't be bothered with eBay. Plus yes there's still value in the cheaper games but I'm extremely lazy so I'd rather just grab the higher priced games and flip them. I really don't want to take them to this store and trade them in anymore...this last time I had $225 FMV worth of games and got $95 in trade in value. It was rough.

NES 8 Eyes - $10

NES Alpha Mission - $8

NES Cabal - $10

NES Code Name Viper - $13

NES Dash Galaxy in the Alien Asylum - $8

NES Deadly Towers - $8

NES Metal Mech - $16

NES Zoda's Revenge - $16

PS3 Medieval Moves - $1 (CIB)

PS3 Metal Gear Solid 4 Guns of the Patriots - $7 (CIB)

• Like 3

Went to Half Price Books the other day in hopes of finding well...books lol. I'm running out of things to read. But I also went because they have PS3 games...usually. And I'm trying to get as many PS3 exclusives right now before stores mark the prices up.

Half Price Books:

PS1 Dracula: The last Sanctuary - $15 (CIB)

PS3 Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch - $10 (CIB)

Not much but I've been meaning to get both of those games for awhile so nice to get them off of my want list.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Oh man I got lucky last weekend. I was finally able to go out to yard sales (I'm vaccinated and I wore a mask/sanitized my hands) and I found some really freaking cool stuff!

Yard sale 1:

3DS Pokemon Omega Ruby - $10 (CIB)

Yard sale 2:

SNES Super Scope - $40 (CIB)

Yard sale 3:

Atari 2600 system with 28 games, four various controllers and some manuals

PS1 Final Fantasy Tactics (CIB)

All for $40.

Most of the Atari 2600 games I own already as well as the system but I got excited and just bought the whole box without really digging through since prices were cheap! Though I did get 5 new games and that PS1 game has been on my want list for awhile. Oh and the white things on the Atari and in the box are rice grains...don't ask...idk.

atarips1.jpg

superscopebox.jpg

Edited by Astor Reinhardt
Rice is nice.
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Well my luck just got used up for the rest of the year I bet with this pickup and those finds from last time...jeez. So the same lady I bought the SNES Super Scope from said she had more "Nintendo" stuff (she was older and didn't know a thing about games). We exchanged numbers but I fully expected to never hear from her again since I've only once ever gotten a call back from someone when we exchange numbers at their yard sales.

Sure enough after I called her, she called me back two days after and said she found a box of stuff! I got her to send me picture and we settled on $120 for everything. I pretty much bought all she had except for a loose Gamecube and controller. She says she might have a "Sega" so who knows I might get a call back on that.

SNES Joe and Mac (dust cover and manual)

SNES The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (manual)

SNES Mario Paint (CIB)

SNES Primal Rage (dust cover)

SNES SimCity

SNES The Simpsons Bart's Nightmare (dust cover and manual)

SNES Spider-Man Maximum Carnage (dust cover)

SNES Super Adventure Island (CIB)

SNES Super Mario All-Stars (dust cover and manual)

SNES Super Mario Kart (manual)

SNES Super Mario World

SNES Super NES Super Scope 6 (manual)

SNES X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse (dust cover and manual)

SNES with two controllers (she said it didn't work and it looks pretty rough)

SNES Cartridge holder (holds 12 games, pretty neat!)

N64 console box (empty)

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time manual

Gamecube controller (still sealed!)

Mario Bros Game & Watch (haven't tested this but it looks good!)

Konami LCD Handheld Bill Elliot's Nascar Racing (Powered up, looks like it works)

Konami LCD Handheld TMNT (Didn't power on, battery area looks fine so idk how to fix this, anyone who collects these old LCD handhelds know what to do when it won't power on?)

Konami LCD Handheld TMNT II (Powered up, looks like it works)

Tiger Electronics Gauntlet (Missing battery cover, powered up)

Tiger Electronics The Little Mermaid (Powered up, has manual)

The Eternal Doom signed poster from 1995

That was a pretty awesome pickup. Some of the stuff is a little rough like all of the handhelds (except the Game & Watch) have scratched up screens. The N64 box is a little squished and worn and the Mario Paint box is pretty squished...it won't even stay closed anymore lol.

I don't have the right batteries to test out the Game & Watch but I am hopeful it works since all but the TMNT handheld worked. I am curious on how to fix that handheld...idk if it can be fixed or if it's even worth doing. It's about $40 on ebay so I don't see myself buying a working one lol. I'm really happy I finally got a Game & Watch! I've been trying to get one for a few years now...they're not exactly the easiest things to find.

I'm curious if she has any more items but I'm pretty much expecting her to either lose my number/forget me/not find it. Cool if she does but I shouldn't hope for it...like I said earlier...used up my luck for the year...if not for two years.

Untitled.jpg

• Like 3
  • Wow! 1