IGNORED

Bird Dog Gaming on YouTube

BirdDogGaming

I've been on YouTube for under a year now just figuring out the direction I want to head with my channel. I was using NintendoAge as a research tool before it went down, but for my latest video (attached) I did a ton of research here on Video Game Sage with a handful of awesome people. Really love the community here.

I've got 7 videos out now and 3 podcasts.

My latest video covers a game so rare that most people assumed it didn't exist.

Enjoy! Thank you for the support.

tn.jpg

• 2 months later...

The thumbnail says it all. Did a bunch of research and came up with 10 series that made the switch from 3D to 2D. I will just include the list as “spoilers” at the end in case you’re just interested in getting info quickly. Enjoy!

Spoiler

Turok had four 2D games: 1 on Game Boy, 2 on Game Boy Color, and 1 on GBA. 

Assassin’s Creed’s first 2D game was Discovery on DS.

Yooka-Laylee’s first game was obviously 3D,  and the Impossible Lair is a 2D spin-off title.

The Pikmin series was 3D for most of its life until Hey! Pikmin in 2015, a 2D platformer.

Chibi-Robo’s story is similar to Pikmin, it’s first 2D game was Zip Lash.

Tomb Raider has 2D games on the Game Boy Color.

Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six started in 1998, there was a a GBC game titled “Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six” and the GBA’s “Rogue Spear” which actually seems like  pretty uncommon CIB title.

Batman Arkham games were 3D but Arkham Origins Blackgate was a 2.5D platformer.

Mario Party had its first 2D title on the GBA.

Fullmetal Alchemist started out as a 3D Action-RPG exclusive to the PS2. The GBA had a couple of RPG’s in Japan that you may consider 2D. They were Sonata if Memory and Stray Rondo. If not, there was Dream Carnival, a Japanese exclusive 2D fighter on PS2. And if you still wanted another one, Dual Sumpathy was a beat em up on the DS.

Edited by thatgamernerd

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I worked together with @Craigly1234 to create a 2020 Sega Game Gear buying guide! Lots of great content whether you're a seasoned veteran or someone who is new to the platform. We discuss:

• Buying a Game Gear in 2020, what you need to watch out for, what to pay, etc.
  • Console variants
  • Collectable games
  • Games worth playing

...and more! 

Give it a watch here. Enjoy! Constructive feedback is always accepted and appreciated. 

Promo - Game Gear Video.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey man, just want to say you have a neat channel. I had heard the Dexter/Power Puff game was rare but I've never seen it. Those GBA boxes with a bottom flap don't have a date code on them otherwise I would say you could use it to match the date on the game. Hopefully someone opens a sealed copy one day. It probably won't be me though.😄

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, austin532 said:

Hey man, just want to say you have a neat channel. I had heard the Dexter/Power Puff game was rare but I've never seen it. Those GBA boxes with a bottom flap don't have a date code on them otherwise I would say you could use it to match the date on the game. Hopefully someone opens a sealed copy one day. It probably won't be me though.😄

Thank you so much, dude! Just subscribed to your channel. It really means a lot that you checked out my videos.

That's interesting about the data code, can you go into more detail on that? I just checked the bottom of my Crash Bandicoot: The Huge Adventure and I see 7144030, is that the type of code you're talking about?

3 minutes ago, austin532 said:

Interesting. I wonder if the bottom flap boxes have dates after all? Can I see a pic of it?

So on boxes with the locking tabs, there is a 5 digit code on the top tabs which translates to Y/MM/DD. So a code of 30507 would mean 2003 May 7.

Oh, I misunderstood you I think. I thought you were talking about the bottom of the box having a code, which my Crash Bandicoot does. Here's an image from eBay (because I'm feeling lazy, lol). The very bottom right of this image, on the bottom of the box, is the code I was talking about.

image.png.b2da9c77c1575c020f369ef4a3f6e815.png

• 2 weeks later...

It's that time of the year which means episode 9 of The Unlockable Podcast is all about games that terrified Hannah and I growing up (as well as in the last five years) that probably shouldn't have. 

I can't be the only one who thought that eel in Mario 64 was absolutely horrifying.

The show is currently on Apple PodcastsAnchor, Pocket Casts, and YouTube. (Coming soon to Google Podcasts and Spotify.) 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Episode 12 of The Unlockable Podcast. Hannah and I take a look at 2020 and what it meant for gaming. We take a look back at some retro prices that obviously were not what they should've been during a global pandemic. And we look forward at 2021 with some predictions and hopes for what the year might hold for us. Available on most podcast platforms: https://linktr.ee/TheUnlockablePodcast

YouTube: 

• 1 month later...