IGNORED

EDIT: Can you guys help me figure out how to get WiiWare games on my sd card to work on my Wii (I've tried about every trick in the book)?

Estil

4 hours ago, Tanooki said:

See now that's how I'd go about the DS too, that specific kit is great both for GBA and DS.  I really should track the thing down.

Well I got the GC/Game Boy Player/Everdrive GBA for playing GBA...plus a PS1 controller hooked up to it for the best button layout (SQUARE for B/tip of thumb and X for A/knuckle of thumb).  I know everyone loves that Hori controller but I don't want to have to have my thumb at such an awkward angle.

Well see you're talking TV based play right?  DS is a handheld, so I was thinking portability and comfort of that.  DStwo plus seems the way to go with it for best results given the extras on board in that one kit.

I've got the GC+GBP+ED GB and Omega for GBA  -- and it's attached to a GC2HDMI adapter off the digital port for extreme quality so I get it, great performance going that route.  I also have the Epilogue GB/C/A player for PC via USB and that does a really fantastic job too, only gripe really it's not a fan of knockoff multicarts, yet I think the flash kits worked (have to double check that.)

6 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Well see you're talking TV based play right?  DS is a handheld, so I was thinking portability and comfort of that.  DStwo plus seems the way to go with it for best results given the extras on board in that one kit.

Yes, and in fact I would prefer to be able to play DS on the TV as well.  I know you're supposed to use portable systems/tablets/etc as a portable and take it with you and all that but I'm like Kevin in Home Alone 2, I'm afraid if I do that, I might wreck it or misplace it or something 😞

• The title was changed to Got 3DS (mostly?) softmodded (how do I put 100% Smash Bros save on it?)... Should I softmod my WiiU next?
2 hours ago, Estil said:

Yes, and in fact I would prefer to be able to play DS on the TV as well.  I know you're supposed to use portable systems/tablets/etc as a portable and take it with you and all that but I'm like Kevin in Home Alone 2, I'm afraid if I do that, I might wreck it or misplace it or something 😞

I'm picky on what I'll take out with me on the wreck it side of things, too paranoid to misplace.  I had a PSP taken out by a pushy d-bag on a flight back in its era, totally shattered the screen because he couldn't wait to get his crap from above and swung it into me instead flattening it...in its case no less.

So what I do take out clamshells shut or is sturdy enough to take a beating, preferably has been re-inforced (tempered glass lens replacement on old GB/GBC for example), or perhaps I have more than one in case of disaster. 🙂  I never take my Switch out of the house, but I have more than one style of GB, GBP, GBC, GBA(SP/MIcro), and DSLite  I'd be willing to take the risk.

• The title was changed to Got 3DS (mostly?) softmodded (now trying to get WiiWare to work on my Wii)...Should I softmod my WiiU next?
  • The title was changed to EDIT: Can you guys help me figure out how to get WiiWare games on my sd card to work on my Wii (I've tried about every trick in the book)?
  • 1 month later...
On 1/5/2022 at 6:24 PM, Estil said:

So how do I put a 100% save file from Smash Bros 3DS on my system?  So far when I try to the game tells me I can't use the save file "because it's not the latest version") and makes me make a new save file. 😞 

Are you writing the save file using the homebrew program Checkpoint?

3 hours ago, TheGameCollector said:

Are you writing the save file using the homebrew program Checkpoint?

I have no idea what that even is.  Actually I do now have a save file for the 3DS version now I just need one for the WiiU version...

20 hours ago, Estil said:

I have no idea what that even is.  Actually I do now have a save file for the 3DS version now I just need one for the WiiU version...

Checkpoint is a save file backup/restore program for modded 3DS. You generally need to use that in order to use other people's saves or to make copies of your own saves.

For example if you take somebody's Pokemon save and load it up with Checkpoint, you can move copies of all of their Pokemon into your Pokemon Bank (official app) or PKSM (homebrew app). Then you can reload their save and do it again as many times as you want, or reload your own save so you can put those Pokemon into your file from Bank or PKSM. It's a hassle free way of getting any event Pokemon you may have missed on 3DS. Or let's say you regret moving some Pokemon into Pokemon Home because you can't get them back on 3DS. Well, at least you can copy someone else's.