IGNORED

Tales of Phantasia for PS score of the year Version English, plays on a PS console mod which I have!

Joyomofrobro

My top selection of a game I found for the year is this. I was surprised to see it was Version English of this for PlayStation. I run into games like this at times but never knew there was a Tales of Phantasia out in this translation on PS. I've been playing awhile and it seems to be better than I could ever imagine. Wanted to share my find of the year that I've selected as. It plays on a console mod and I have one so can play. Going to play this game through it most likely includes character Suzu who is my favorite not found on many versions to my knowledge only GBA with poor graphics. This has been surprising so far the outer world map is 3D like Tales of Destiny and areas are like normal so it seems real interesting to own. Pick of 2021 for finds!

TOP_PS1_ENG.jpg

• Like 3

My last pick up wasn't even gaming, shares the whole anima/manga look of your I'm guessing asia-english release of ToP there... the full set of Area 88 (UN Squadron) english translated manga in comic format.  Found it local a day ago for less than 1/2 the online rate, been wanting it for decades when I remember it exists every few years (when I see 1-2 issues on some shelf randomly.)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tanooki said:

My last pick up wasn't even gaming, shares the whole anima/manga look of your I'm guessing asia-english release of ToP there... the full set of Area 88 (UN Squadron) english translated manga in comic format.  Found it local a day ago for less than 1/2 the online rate, been wanting it for decades when I remember it exists every few years (when I see 1-2 issues on some shelf randomly.)

I collect drawing books of Manga's here's my favorite one so far going to utilize the book to draw eventually!

Manga_Draw!.JPG

22 hours ago, Joyomofrobro said:

I collect drawing books of Manga's here's my favorite one so far going to utilize the book to draw eventually!

Manga_Draw!.JPG

Nice I like that.  Funny coincidence I decided to buckle and buy this optical drawing board for sketching a few hours ago (along with a 8port HDMI switcher) using a giftcard.  A book like that along with the link below would be excellent to learn by.  I don't have any how to draw books, but I do have over 250 manga books/comics you can see a list of http://tanooki.byethost8.com/manga.html

Outside of the board I was going by a half price yesterday, saw this on an obscure shelf for $5 so I grabbed it: Kana de Manga (hiragana + katakana) which should be a lot of help to remember stuff, and the nice manga images in there should transfer to that optical board well: https://www.amazon.com/Kana-Manga-Japanese-University-Presents/dp/4921205019

Board: https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Sketching-Upgraded-Painting-Beginners/dp/B08XJMZCJV/ref=sr_1_10?crid=N1JHCT9KUQYJ&keywords=Optical+Image+Drawing+Board&qid=1641152591&sprefix=optical+image+drawing+board%2Caps%2C111&sr=8-10

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Nice I like that.  Funny coincidence I decided to buckle and buy this optical drawing board for sketching a few hours ago (along with a 8port HDMI switcher) using a giftcard.  A book like that along with the link below would be excellent to learn by.  I don't have any how to draw books, but I do have over 250 manga books/comics you can see a list of http://tanooki.byethost8.com/manga.html

Outside of the board I was going by a half price yesterday, saw this on an obscure shelf for $5 so I grabbed it: Kana de Manga (hiragana + katakana) which should be a lot of help to remember stuff, and the nice manga images in there should transfer to that optical board well: https://www.amazon.com/Kana-Manga-Japanese-University-Presents/dp/4921205019

Board: https://www.amazon.com/Portable-Sketching-Upgraded-Painting-Beginners/dp/B08XJMZCJV/ref=sr_1_10?crid=N1JHCT9KUQYJ&keywords=Optical+Image+Drawing+Board&qid=1641152591&sprefix=optical+image+drawing+board%2Caps%2C111&sr=8-10

I viewed your links, cool. This is my drawing of Marle from Chrono Trigger I upscaled from instruction manual!

Marle_CT_Joe.jpg

Edited by Joyomofrobro

11 hours ago, Joyomofrobro said:

I viewed your links, cool. This is my drawing of Marle from Chrono Trigger I upscaled from instruction manual!

That's quite good.  I haven't tried hard in years, 10-20 doing something on that level.  Back in the late 90s I had the Sailor Moon manga and started trying to copy the rear of the box color sketches of the artist and got fairly decent at it but now I question my ability to duplicate side by side, so I figured that neat little thing may be of help.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tanooki said:

That's quite good.  I haven't tried hard in years, 10-20 doing something on that level.  Back in the late 90s I had the Sailor Moon manga and started trying to copy the rear of the box color sketches of the artist and got fairly decent at it but now I question my ability to duplicate side by side, so I figured that neat little thing may be of help.

I did this Chrono Trigger drawing in 1997 same here been out of drawing quite awhile!

On 12/31/2021 at 6:20 PM, Joyomofrobro said:

My top selection of a game I found for the year is this. I was surprised to see it was Version English of this for PlayStation. I run into games like this at times but never knew there was a Tales of Phantasia out in this translation on PS. I've been playing awhile and it seems to be better than I could ever imagine. Wanted to share my find of the year that I've selected as. It plays on a console mod and I have one so can play. Going to play this game through it most likely includes character Suzu who is my favorite not found on many versions to my knowledge only GBA with poor graphics. This has been surprising so far the outer world map is 3D like Tales of Destiny and areas are like normal so it seems real interesting to own. Pick of 2021 for finds!

TOP_PS1_ENG.jpg

Just to clarify, this is a repro right? I’m pretty sure this game never had an English release. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, phart010 said:

Just to clarify, this is a repro right? I’m pretty sure this game never had an English release. 

It should have.  Though I doubt it would've had quite the same eh, colorful dialog that the original SNES version had! 😄 

Edited by Estil
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, phart010 said:

Nope, full good one was made on the hacker side of the equation in 2015, that's what you're seeing here.  Some form of pirated or self created copy there, perhaps some HK/Asia-Eng release using a stolen translation and mastered onto a nice full "retail" copy from the looks of it using the Japanese art and throwing that extra bit about 'english version' on the back.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Nope, full good one was made on the hacker side of the equation in 2015, that's what you're seeing here.  Some form of pirated or self created copy there, perhaps some HK/Asia-Eng release using a stolen translation and mastered onto a nice full "retail" copy from the looks of it using the Japanese art and throwing that extra bit about 'english version' on the back.

Didn’t they figure out a way to burn PS2 discs that boot up without a mod chip now? I thought I saw a video about that. If that were a thing, I’d probably pick up if you translations

• Like 1

1 hour ago, phart010 said:

Didn’t they figure out a way to burn PS2 discs that boot up without a mod chip now? I thought I saw a video about that. If that were a thing, I’d probably pick up if you translations

Don't ask me I have no idea.  I gave up on PS2 some years ago, last one was probably 3-5 years back a slim and it rarely got touched so I traded it out for something useful. 🙂  PS5 I have no interest in as it has nothing of interest, but so far I find I like Sony's odd numbered systems historically speaking.  I would image if they figured out mod-less burns, then sure that would explain this strange mastering of english into a Japanese game with Japanese(largely) box art.

• Like 1

On 1/5/2022 at 10:04 PM, Tanooki said:

Don't ask me I have no idea.  I gave up on PS2 some years ago, last one was probably 3-5 years back a slim and it rarely got touched so I traded it out for something useful. 🙂  PS5 I have no interest in as it has nothing of interest, but so far I find I like Sony's odd numbered systems historically speaking.  I would image if they figured out mod-less burns, then sure that would explain this strange mastering of english into a Japanese game with Japanese(largely) box art.

The good thing about PS2 is they were the full game didn't require updates to better builds PS1 also same!

On 1/4/2022 at 10:45 PM, Estil said:

It should have.  Though I doubt it would've had quite the same eh, colorful dialog that the original SNES version had! 😄 

It is a repro in English but the PlayStation includes character Suzu who I love so I am stoked to own it nothing wrong with repro's got a Star Ocean made with new parts!

StarOcean.jpg