IGNORED

3D printed GBA/GB cart holder/storage

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care about flashing labels either, I like good clean order, and I know they're in there A-Z so that's all that matters to me.

The first image that's mine from awhile back, antique library card catalog of two drawers I found years ago at a flea market.  As you can see they're deep and a great width for 8bit GB/GBC sized carts and with a spacer fits 2 columns in each and pretty deep I think it'll take about 80 per drawer (2x40) or you can get creative.  GBA would sit the same, a few less due to the lip that pops out on the tops.  Unless you're a crazy collector something that size would hold easily an entire gameboy/color collection as you're talking over 150 games.

Now the second image I stole that off amazon for ease.  Earlier this year at a garage sale I got 5 of those red ones off a table for $2.  When my GBA collection got a bit in the way of the GB stuff you see in that cabinet as it's now into like 3/4 of the 2 drawers I needed a solution.  I put a small divider into the slot on the inside of those red akrobins and it's excellent.  I line the GBA games on their side and it holds a bunch of them.  They're clearly not as deep as the wood, but it still held a large amount of games in a smaller place.

I recently reorganized it though as I had another better snap case and put the GBA all into one of those, put my GB/C accessories into some of the reds, and saved 2 of them for Virtual Boy.  The width is great, I have it like a rolodex or floppy disk carrier with the games label out in one, and an adapter with the manual selection entirely in another.

antiquegbstorage.JPG

akrobins.jpg

10 hours ago, Driftwood said:

For the cart only i have, I keep them in the 3in1 official nintendo cases.

Official?  Licensed maybe from Pelican/PDP or something but Nintendo never made shells for GBA games, GBC either as they caved to greenpeace type harassers years of whining over plastics, then just realizing it made a good excuse to save a buck while still charging the same. 🙂

Edited by Tanooki

7 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

Official?  Licensed maybe from Pelican/PDP or something but Nintendo never made shells for GBA games, GBC either as they caved to greenpeace type harassers years of whining over plastics, then just realizing it made a good excuse to save a buck while still charging the same. 🙂

Tldr i dunno,... they are branded

23 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I don't care about flashing labels either, I like good clean order, and I know they're in there A-Z so that's all that matters to me.

The first image that's mine from awhile back, antique library card catalog of two drawers I found years ago at a flea market.  As you can see they're deep and a great width for 8bit GB/GBC sized carts and with a spacer fits 2 columns in each and pretty deep I think it'll take about 80 per drawer (2x40) or you can get creative.  GBA would sit the same, a few less due to the lip that pops out on the tops.  Unless you're a crazy collector something that size would hold easily an entire gameboy/color collection as you're talking over 150 games.

Now the second image I stole that off amazon for ease.  Earlier this year at a garage sale I got 5 of those red ones off a table for $2.  When my GBA collection got a bit in the way of the GB stuff you see in that cabinet as it's now into like 3/4 of the 2 drawers I needed a solution.  I put a small divider into the slot on the inside of those red akrobins and it's excellent.  I line the GBA games on their side and it holds a bunch of them.  They're clearly not as deep as the wood, but it still held a large amount of games in a smaller place.

I recently reorganized it though as I had another better snap case and put the GBA all into one of those, put my GB/C accessories into some of the reds, and saved 2 of them for Virtual Boy.  The width is great, I have it like a rolodex or floppy disk carrier with the games label out in one, and an adapter with the manual selection entirely in another.

antiquegbstorage.JPG

akrobins.jpg

My wife and i were talking the otherday how card catalogs are something obliterated by modern technology. Great idea though, my dad ended up with a bunch of industrial high school furniture, including card catalogs and I used them for years for my trading cards. A bit much for what I am looking for now though. More of something i can throw on the shelf inside my game closet, i will probably only be at about 50 games when im done with all the games i want. 

the small item open storage bins are more up my alley. 

16 hours ago, Driftwood said:

For the cart only i have, I keep them in the 3in1 official nintendo cases.

8A7BB8F2-4187-43AA-8D64-B1390DF05A64.jpeg

i like this idea for on the go, might have to pick up one or two. Thanks