IGNORED

"New" NES Top Loader

NostalgicMachine

Ebay and lucky with pricing?  Been eating some imported unicorn horn? 😛

Nice job though, it's what I use too, but it's no longer stock as I got a HiDef NES Kit in mine, same general NES core by kevtris the analogue nt uses.  I recently got back into grabbing NES goodies to have fun so I get it...have fun.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Ebay and lucky with pricing?  Been eating some imported unicorn horn? 😛

Nice job though, it's what I use too, but it's no longer stock as I got a HiDef NES Kit in mine, same general NES core by kevtris the analogue nt uses.  I recently got back into grabbing NES goodies to have fun so I get it...have fun.

My first top loader was about $90 back in 2013 or so; I got this one for $150. Compared to some of the rough, beat up, dirty and incomplete offers going for $180-$225, I'd definitely say I got lucky here.

• Agree 2

• 1 month later...

They're tanks. I attribute it to having less wasted space in the shell, therefore less room for dust to settle and mess things up, etc. The only issue is trying to stream with a non-modded one. I still have my toaster which I could use, but then you run into the issue of the damn thing blue screening/tapping out randomly, etc., lol.

Was your top loader A/V modded?

4 hours ago, Van Jackson said:

They're tanks. I attribute it to having less wasted space in the shell, therefore less room for dust to settle and mess things up, etc. The only issue is trying to stream with a non-modded one. I still have my toaster which I could use, but then you run into the issue of the damn thing blue screening/tapping out randomly, etc., lol.

Was your top loader A/V modded?

Naw, I ran it RF. Of course with the way NES prices are these days, even if I got a top loader, emulation is all I'd be able to afford. I'm probably just going to hack my mini at some point and be done with it.

9 hours ago, Kguillemette said:

Naw, I ran it RF. Of course with the way NES prices are these days, even if I got a top loader, emulation is all I'd be able to afford. I'm probably just going to hack my mini at some point and be done with it.

I wouldn't blame you.  Normally it should make someone be a little concerned, but hakchi was so well set up you basically can't break the system doing it and it even copies the contents first so it's like a one click restore as well.  Despite the not enough space for all NES games, it does allow for it, you can get a bypass USB port adapter and attack a stick drive to increase the load.  At that point you're getting into whatever you care to stuff on it up to including (with some tweaks to hit full frame) N64.  Really though I'd imagine 16bit cap at best.