IGNORED

Little Nemo's Smoking Gorilla

fcgamer

I'm not going to claim a Mandela Effect here, but @phart010's post about JP3 made me start thinking about the Little Nemo gorilla.

We all know that Flip and the gorilla both smoke in the Famicom version of the game; however, I knew that the gorilla smoked (but was unaware of Flip smoking) way before playing the Famicom version of the game, and it isn't something I learned from looking at stuff online.

My best guess is that there's a picture circulating around in a book or magazine that shows the gorilla smoking. It even feels weird when I see that the gorilla actually isn't smoking. 

Let's discuss.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the gorilla made up by Capcom or was it part of the original comic strip??

The reason I ask a few years back a very large and heavy coffee table style book popped up at the half price books up the street and I grabbed it.  It has every single comic from Little Nemo re-printed in there and if it's worth the effort I could poke around and see if I can find some history of that smoking.  Flip wouldn't be too hard to figure out as that is part of the comic from the beginning.

Graphics Team · Posted

I'd be shocked if Winsor McCay never drew a smoking gorilla at least once in the Little Nemo canon, or at least in his career as a comic-artist. So you could've seen it somewhere outside of the game, @fcgamer.

@Tanooki my college library had that Little Nemo compendium - what a great find! I would love to get a copy some day, if only it weren't so massive haha.

-CasualCart

6 hours ago, CasualCart said:

I'd be shocked if Winsor McCay never drew a smoking gorilla at least once in the Little Nemo canon, or at least in his career as a comic-artist. So you could've seen it somewhere outside of the game, @fcgamer.

@Tanooki my college library had that Little Nemo compendium - what a great find! I would love to get a copy some day, if only it weren't so massive haha.

-CasualCart

Was it this?  This is what I have: https://www.amazon.com/Little-Nemo-1905-1914-Winsor-McCay/dp/3822863009