IGNORED

Another Little Samson Fake?

Ninja Warriors

5 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

There are definitely shill bids on this but what also looks like legit bids. At least it’s a MMC3 board but they obviously put electrical tape over the chips for a reason lol

I'm more curious where they got the chips that didn't need to be rewired...it's obviously faked, but that's got me curious nonetheless.

7 hours ago, the_wizard_666 said:

I'm more curious where they got the chips that didn't need to be rewired...it's obviously faked, but that's got me curious nonetheless.

It’s probably a board for another MMC3 game…could be any of them. I wonder if he stole the picture showing the gameplay or has a legit Samson for showing it working. 

Can’t think of another reason you’d cover the ROMs?

edit: that could also be a re-wired one in the gameplay picture and the seller sends you a rewired one gambling that you won’t open it?

Edited by a3quit4s

4 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

It’s probably a board for another MMC3 game…could be any of them. I wonder if he stole the picture showing the gameplay or has a legit Samson for showing it working. 

Can’t think of another reason you’d cover the ROMs?

edit: that could also be a re-wired one in the gameplay picture and the seller sends you a rewired one gambling that you won’t open it?

Never thought of that...it's really easy to show the innards of a cart without it being the right cart.  In fact, that's almost guaranteed to be what it is...they're showing a TLROM-02, but Samson is a TLROM-03 board.  TLROM-02 was only used between '89 and '90, per Bootgod's page, meaning that either they made a repro with mask ROMs to avoid rewiring, they manually cut and rewired traces under the board to make it seem legit, or they took a picture with the wrong board.  Looking closely though, I can see a few wires where pins should be, looks like they run under the chips, so option 2 is probably the one they used.

Anyway, I've reported it twice - once as "Bootleg Media" and once as "Counterfeit Goods" (or whatever those options are).  Not that it's gonna help get it taken down, as they've probably had a ton of reports already.

• Like 1

On 9/18/2021 at 8:18 PM, Alder said:

So it sold.. but I'm confused how 9***y (118) won with a 3.5 day old bid when thats the only bid shown placed by them?

They can bid as much as they want on day 1 if nobody exceeds the bid they made they will the item. On a side note though I wouldn't be surprised if either they cancel the transaction or the bid was fake to increase the value on purpose.

Edited by Bonanza125
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1