IGNORED

Game Boy Multicarts

While I was on Nintender Age, I used to sell any GB multicarts I found to a guy named Rocky, from Alaska, he'd buy them basically sight unseen.

He then just disappeared one day, and I started trying to sell my GB multicarts to other people, but the interest was little. That led me to start collecting the multicarts myself, only selling off duplicates.

I have some boxed games and some in large shells (both not pictured), these are just the loose multicarts I've accumulated over the years.

Does anyone else collect or like GB multicarts?

IMG20210822172026.jpg

IMG20210822172032.jpg

IMG20210822172036.jpg

IMG20210822172039.jpg

IMG20210822172043.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, fcgamer said:

While I was on Nintender Age, I used to sell any GB multicarts I found to a guy named Rocky, from Alaska, he'd buy them basically sight unseen.

He then just disappeared one day, and I started trying to sell my GB multicarts to other people, but the interest was little. That led me to start collecting the multicarts myself, only selling off duplicates.

I have some boxed games and some in large shells (both not pictured), these are just the loose multicarts I've accumulated over the years.

Does anyone else collect or like GB multicarts?

IMG20210822172026.jpg

IMG20210822172032.jpg

IMG20210822172036.jpg

IMG20210822172039.jpg

IMG20210822172043.jpg

You know I have issues, the issue I buy those bootlegs and multicarts for the Gameboy.  So many stupid weird treasures from odd Japanese things, missed english gems, and screwball sachen to whacked out hacks that don't blow.  Even some of the trash is funny.  I got a game or two like that from you already in the past, not including the Sachen that arrived in the last week or so.

Below, more or less, is what I have.  The Neo Geo 161in1 isn't pictured, or the new Sachen on my desk.  I don't use them much unless I get the itch, but they're a trip to have around.  Mostly that black FC cart stays in that handheld, taken it so far to the hour wait at my kids school pickup line since she got back in a week and a half ago.

multicarts.jpg.a41f4e5fc3c4717fbc35c8d49daac2c9.jpg

7 hours ago, JVOSS said:

@Tanooki, @fcgamer

here are my multi carts. always looking for the white GB memory carts 4 more are not photoed. for the white carts i think the combos are in the billions more then the number of white GB memory carts made. 

765819481_NintendoPower7-1-2001.jpg.b795c1826206a56faf72e2fae0380d0d.jpg1314058272_multicarts7-1-2021.jpg.ef9d8b0fab32ff3753b3392bcbd78bd2.jpg

Oooh nice and more GB Memory cards... what's on yours?  Mine has the japanese version of Super Mario Bros DX.  i was hoping when I got one, it would be a multicart or more exotic, but hey, whatever... you can reflash them very easily with the right tool and I've considered it.

11 hours ago, nrslam said:

Well, live and learn.  Never saw those white memory cards before. What's the story behind those?

Like the Famicom Disk System for years Nintendo through an American sounding store by the name of Lawson.  They'd have these nice kiosks like you'd get capture items from or candy whatever...anyway it was a card reader.  You would pay a sum, pick a game from the list, and you could flash a game or multiple games to the cartridge as long as it fit within the memory space of the chip.  It was basically a legalized EZ Flash Jr or other earlier area flash kit with a hard chip space vs using a sd card.  The one I have, it has Super Mario Bros DX on it, so it was full GBC and GB capable, but had someone dumped some smaller GBC GB or mix of games I could have had a boot menu with 1-8 titles on there to choose from.  The games done this way were grossly discounted due to the fact you just bought a copy and wrote it.

@Tanookimy game lists for the NP is/are

Super Mario Bros. Deluxe

Super Mario Land 3 Wario Land

Pro Mahjong Kiwame GB

Trump Collection GB

The Legend Of Zelda DX

Yugioh Duel Monsters

Beatmaniagb

Harvest Moon GB

Life Game

Kirby's Dream Land

Kirby's Dream Land 2

Goddess Revelations Gaiden Last Bible Ii

Picross 2

all in all you had a choose of 138 games 90% are CGB.

so far the hardest game to find is Mega Man World 5

• Like 1

Sweet I would be happy I guess with any of those, but more so had it been a game the US didn't get.  I love my import carts. 😉  Last Bible would have been sweet other than not being readable.

There is a device called the joey jr that bennvenn made, you can actually write and re-write the carts like an official kiosk would have done, menu and all.  I've been highly tempted but never pulled the trigger.  I know at some point a year or two back I did see a list online of what the choices were for the thing and it was pretty solid.

I'm doing a little digging again to try and find this stuff, here's the web portal to make your own rom to dump onto the device (site is legit, how you get your roms to feed it maybe less so is on you): https://orangeglo.github.io/gbnp/
Although, PERSONALLY -- I'd use this actual built tool which is up on github to make it, no slave to a web domain: https://github.com/Infinest/GB-Memory-Binary-Maker It will though require the 128kb menu binary, which I haven't tracked down yet as I'm trying to remember where I found all this stuff as it wasn't bookmarked. 🙂

This has a bit of a how to on it as well: https://github.com/sanni/cartreader/wiki/Reflashing-NP-GB-Memory-carts

And here is the kit the Joey Jr which costs under $50.
https://bennvenn.myshopify.com/collections/game-cart-to-pc-interface/products/usb-gb-c-cart-dumper-the-joey-jr

Edited by Tanooki

Gotcha, I went through the selection of files I keep and locate the GB Memory card menu file.  Using that file, then the github tool, you could make your own updates to the NP device on a legit level.  Lawson service maybe long dead, doesn't mean you can't now pretend to be Lawson.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, phart010 said:

Didn’t those gameboy flashable carts have little stickers that you could put on the labels so you’d know what game is on them?

The Nintendo ones or any?

The Nintendo ones do, it's the label you see in JVOSS post up there like 5-10 ago.  That's a Nintendo made/replaceable sticker of theirs with open fields to in little japanese symbology write the name of the game in the box.  I imagine they're not easy to find those stickers at all now, would be nice if someone could reproduce them accurately as I'd buy a pad of them if I started using that kit with a Joey.

33 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

The Nintendo ones or any?

The Nintendo ones do, it's the label you see in JVOSS post up there like 5-10 ago.  That's a Nintendo made/replaceable sticker of theirs with open fields to in little japanese symbology write the name of the game in the box.  I imagine they're not easy to find those stickers at all now, would be nice if someone could reproduce them accurately as I'd buy a pad of them if I started using that kit with a Joey.

I’m talking about the white Nintendo flash carts. The labels have 7 numbered grey boxes on them. If memory serves me correctly, I think I can remember seeing little stickers placed over some of those numbered boxes before..

3 minutes ago, phart010 said:

I’m talking about the white Nintendo flash carts. The labels have 7 numbered grey boxes on them. If memory serves me correctly, I think I can remember seeing little stickers placed over some of those numbered boxes before..

That I didn't know, but I guess I wouldn't be too shocked by this.  The current cart sticker is pretty glossy and thick, probably could stand up against temporary sticker addition/removal from game swaps.

6 hours ago, phart010 said:

Didn’t those gameboy flashable carts have little stickers that you could put on the labels so you’d know what game is on them?

the gameboy flashable cart ie NP or Nintendo Power Carts come with a labeling system that include smaller stickers to indicate what in loaded on the cart.

stickers.jpg.e527e777297499d35675561e4d3d8114.jpg

• Like 1

These are all the ones I have. Today I got around to cleaning the pins and going through the games on all of them. Some of the titles that jumped out at me are:

• Wario land 2 (Japanese)
  • Metal gear solid
  • Pokemon red/blue (save battery works)
  • Pokemon yellow (Japanese)
  • Felix the cat
  • Contra Spirits (Japanese version of Alien Wars)
  • Batman return of the joker
  • Alien vs Predator Last of his Clan
  • TMNT III (Japanese)
  • TMNT III Radical Rescue
  • Cool Ball (US ROM, not Pop Up)
  • Dragon Slayer
  • Kid Niki (Japanese)
  • Ninja Spirit (Japanese, listed in menu as Ninja Taro)
  • Rockman World V

Are these any good? Any of them worth anything?

86DmhkF.jpg

2qk5aBz.jpg

o5ppAJk.jpg

AdeuyVG.jpg

I12E2O4.jpg

Edited by bowser
  • Like 1