IGNORED

what is the most obscure nintendo promo stuff that you have?

Nes Freak

5 hours ago, phart010 said:

I’m around 50/50. Nintendo in Venezuela may or may not have been legit. It seems that the NES is the most official looking product they have. Also the NES controllers look official in terms of build quality, but the controllers have extra buttons.

There is a ton of Nintendo C.A. merch in circulation in Venezuela. The packaging always looks somewhat legit, but sometimes the product looks sketchy. My personal theory is that Nintendo C.A. was an authorized distributor in the beginning but they started distributing pirated stuff due to the lower costs and “Mother Nintendo” severed the relationship with them after finding out. Nintendo C.A. continued to operate selling pirated stuff but also continued using the Nintendo branding and official seal of quality for the stuff they distributed.

Again, just my theory.

Well, the stuff inside that box (system, at least), is all but guaranteed 100% clone stuff.  No legitimate Nintendo hardware had "TURBO JOYSTICK" written on it in the same way, font, etc., with double buttons, the way all those hundreds, if not thousands of known/accepted clone controllers did.  I'm now 50/50 too, but 50% sure of what I first said and 50% sure of your theory about whoever was distributing Nintendo stuff in Venezuela just shoving cheap clone crap into legit boxes that they had previously been authorized to create/distribute.  The fact still stands, though, that the box says one thing about what games are supposed to be included, and the photos show something else entirely.  One thing that clones are generally good about is actually including what they advertise they're going to.  It still could have been a bait and switch situation from the beginning like you theorize, but I would think they'd have gotten a ton of returns, etc., based on the false advertising with the pack-in game situation.

31 minutes ago, darkchylde28 said:

Well, the stuff inside that box (system, at least), is all but guaranteed 100% clone stuff.  No legitimate Nintendo hardware had "TURBO JOYSTICK" written on it in the same way, font, etc., with double buttons, the way all those hundreds, if not thousands of known/accepted clone controllers did.  I'm now 50/50 too, but 50% sure of what I first said and 50% sure of your theory about whoever was distributing Nintendo stuff in Venezuela just shoving cheap clone crap into legit boxes that they had previously been authorized to create/distribute.  The fact still stands, though, that the box says one thing about what games are supposed to be included, and the photos show something else entirely.  One thing that clones are generally good about is actually including what they advertise they're going to.  It still could have been a bait and switch situation from the beginning like you theorize, but I would think they'd have gotten a ton of returns, etc., based on the false advertising with the pack-in game situation.

I have no doubt that the Famicom is 100% clone.  But further up the thread I have a photo of an NES. It looks legit. The only thing is the Spanish language stickers look a bit different than those in other regions. 

I have collected some other Venezuelan stuff and have even opened a sealed game. The game boxes have the same Nintendo-ish style of labelling but the games inside are fakes. @fcgamer chimed in and say they might be Taiwanese or Hong Kong bootlegs.

The 4 button NES controller is something we never got in the US or other regions, but the build quality of the hard plastics in the controller seems (at least from photos) to be the level of quality you’d expect from Nintendo. Also they have a zapper that looks like it could be legit. Also a cart pin converter that could be legit. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, darkchylde28 said:

One thing that clones are generally good about is actually including what they advertise they're going to.  

Strongly disagree, in terms of the console on the box versus in the box issue. Many companies would have this situation where the two items didn't match. Generally the situation would be that the clone inside looked generic or was a different brand than the outside one, both being made by the same manufacturer. Same with controllers, etc. They'd often only change the box, not the hardware.

That being said, the machine in this box is a clone, 100% it's a more rare Famiclone with a game genie built inside, hence the name. I saw the original box for one of these before.

2 hours ago, phart010 said:

I have collected some other Venezuelan stuff and have even opened a sealed game. The game boxes have the same Nintendo-ish style of labelling but the games inside are fakes. @fcgamer chimed in and say they might be Taiwanese or Hong Kong bootlegs

The Famicom cartridges are absolutely Taiwanese -made bootlegs. Some are the notorious Whirlwind Manu carts.