IGNORED

Any good places that show Genesis cart PCBs for authentication purposes?

My phone? I took pictures of all of my PCBs last year (roughly 850 or so counting variants). I did it mostly for my own research, but I’ve thought about setting up a site someday with photos and the like.

But if you have a board in particular in mind, just post it here, and I’ll be happy to compare it to what I’ve got on file.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DaddyMulk said:

My phone? I took pictures of all of my PCBs last year (roughly 850 or so counting variants). I did it mostly for my own research, but I’ve thought about setting up a site someday with photos and the like.

But if you have a board in particular in mind, just post it here, and I’ll be happy to compare it to what I’ve got on file.

The one in question I am looking for is Fatal Fury 2 😛

3 hours ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

Aren’t almost all Genesis PCB’s the same except for a handful like Virtua Racing and like Grindstormer?

This would be interesting if true, I never opened most of my Genesis stuff as I bought it at a time where fakes were less rampant.

5 hours ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

Aren’t almost all Genesis PCB’s the same except for a handful like Virtua Racing and like Grindstormer?

I think this is mostly true, Genesis games don’t have quite the variety of pcb’s that SNES or NES games have due to the lack of all the custom mapper chips that were used  in Nintendo systems. 

But not all Genesis carts were made by Sega. EA manufactured their own cartridges. I believe their pcb’s may be different.

Also, there are American-made and Japan-made Sega carts. The pcb designs may be all the same, but there may be rev differences or manufacturing differences 

1 hour ago, phart010 said:

I think this is mostly true, Genesis games don’t have quite the variety of pcb’s that SNES or NES games have due to the lack of all the custom mapper chips that were used  in Nintendo systems. 

But not all Genesis carts were made by Sega. EA manufactured their own cartridges. I believe their pcb’s may be different.

Also, there are American-made and Japan-made Sega carts. The pcb designs may be all the same, but there may be rev differences or manufacturing differences 

Im sure there are various rev differences and chips codes and such. I was thinking more from a authentication verification stance. Like a quick glance at the board and “yup that’s real” since they are mostly built the same

15 hours ago, LeatherRebel5150 said:

I wouldn’t say so. Sega didn’t manufacture all of the third party games on its system, and not even all of their first-party stuff was manufactured using their facilities. Off the top of my head, Tengen, Namco, Konami, EA, Accolade, Acclaim and Majesco all manufactured some/all of their own carts.

11 hours ago, goldenpp72 said:

The one in question I am looking for is Fatal Fury 2 😛

Here you go. Looks like mine was made around May, 1994. 

DCEC1B8F-89FC-4994-8B0E-256F2EBE05A9.jpeg

Edited by DaddyMulk
(Made image smaller)
  • Thanks 1