IGNORED

My Game Boy Tetris Minuet collection

Ulrizza

5 hours ago, Ulrizza said:

Yeah I have to put them for sale but I never taken the time to do it until now... I need some cash at the moment so selling some of my collection that I don't want anymore is a way to make quick cash 🙂

I bought most of them from J4U, it was easy to spot them once you know what to look for, but I checked like every hour of every day for weeks and weeks to be the first to buy them 😅

I might be interested in one, please DM me with details 🙂

On another note, just received another message from the seller today and am deciding what to do. In the previous message, the seller asked me where I saw differences between the cart that he sent and the one I received, acting as though they were indeed the same. Then after pointing out obvious differences, he responded today claiming that I did a switcheroo and that he did indeed send the minuet version initially, and that I shouldn't try to pull such a trick on him, before blocking messages from me.

I feel very angry about the whole state of affairs as this guy pulled this stunt before, I never did get the game I ordered, and I similarly worry that this type of scummy shit will try to start smearing my reputation or whatever amongst other local guys, despite him being the one pulling the tricks.

On the other hand, it was a $6 loss, Taiwan has very weird local laws regarding people and their reputations (so if I overstepped the boundary even accidently I could be liable, though not knowing all the rules myself, it would be much harder for me to open a lawsuit against him should he try to slander me), and furthermore, God only knows who the guy might know, and when you can cross the island in six hours, I really don't want to end up in a barrel thrown off the wharf into the sea. Paranoid, perhaps, but I've personally seen some foreigners that were taken to the cleaners here for fighting with the wrong people, and it's given me pause.

So what would you do, escalate with the selling app, or just walk away?

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, fcgamer said:

On another note, just received another message from the seller today and am deciding what to do. In the previous message, the seller asked me where I saw differences between the cart that he sent and the one I received, acting as though they were indeed the same. Then after pointing out obvious differences, he responded today claiming that I did a switcheroo and that he did indeed send the minuet version initially, and that I shouldn't try to pull such a trick on him, before blocking messages from me.

I feel very angry about the whole state of affairs as this guy pulled this stunt before, I never did get the game I ordered, and I similarly worry that this type of scummy shit will try to start smearing my reputation or whatever amongst other local guys, despite him being the one pulling the tricks.

On the other hand, it was a $6 loss, Taiwan has very weird local laws regarding people and their reputations (so if I overstepped the boundary even accidently I could be liable, though not knowing all the rules myself, it would be much harder for me to open a lawsuit against him should he try to slander me), and furthermore, God only knows who the guy might know, and when you can cross the island in six hours, I really don't want to end up in a barrel thrown off the wharf into the sea. Paranoid, perhaps, but I've personally seen some foreigners that were taken to the cleaners here for fighting with the wrong people, and it's given me pause.

So what would you do, escalate with the selling app, or just walk away?

For $6 it may not with the time and effort. Can't you juste leave a bad review?

21 hours ago, Ulrizza said:

Yeah I have to put them for sale but I never taken the time to do it until now... I need some cash at the moment so selling some of my collection that I don't want anymore is a way to make quick cash 🙂

I bought most of them from J4U, it was easy to spot them once you know what to look for, but I checked like every hour of every day for weeks and weeks to be the first to buy them 😅

I get it, I'm still offloading.  I purged my entire first owned gamecube collection and stuff this year even as I'm fed up with the shenanigans and the age related issues of those too.  If you had a nice clean minuet that wasn't tatty or stained, just all around nice I'd be curious if what you said to me last year about it still stood.  I've tried to get one and they do not come up cheap in this country at all on ebay etc.  The sharks all know here now and flag them as such, or you get a Dave situation with bait n switches.

And on that, he could leave the review but that still gets into the honorific slander garbage and he's a white boy in an asian country...he'd lose due to that reputation thing and it's not worth the horrors or pains for $6.

• Agree 1