IGNORED

Best place to buy high quality jewel cases?

austin532

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've almost always bought mine from https://www.checkoutstore.com/

One time I was able to get some from Amazon when checkoutstore.com was sold out.  However, the first batch I ordered came without the compact disc logo.  They accepted the return and I made a second order for a slightly more expensive set that included the CD logo.  

As Mr. CIB said above, if you find any that are a lot cheaper than the others, they will most likely be generics.  

I don't think exact copies exist anymore. Jewel cases were heavier in the 90s than they are now. If you weigh a modern case and find one that matches 1:1 to the gram, let me know. Still can't beat Goodwill CDs and dollar bin PS1 games to get 1:1 cases as far as I can tell.

Edited by DefaultGen

6 hours ago, DefaultGen said:

I don't think exact copies exist anymore. Jewel cases were heavier in the 90s than they are now. If you weigh a modern case and find one that matches 1:1 to the gram, let me know. Still can't beat Goodwill CDs and dollar bin PS1 games to get 1:1 cases as far as I can tell.

This is my answer. I found a cherry copy of Sammy Sosa's Baseball at a thrift shop. Immediately used for a case swap.

Edited by RH

Most Music CD and Computer game jewel cases have a slightly different mould compared to PS1. All of them have a ring around the injection point and they don't have any numbers on them. Plus they do feel slightly heavier/thicker. I can't and never could find an exact match.