IGNORED

I dont have a PAL NES so i made one.

Nes Freak

i recently bought some pal exclusives games and running them on a ntsc console with lock out disabled didn't work for it.  so i still have that pal cpu and ppu and crystal oscillator from my conversion project on my pal m82 demo unit.  so i bought some sockets off amazon  desoldered the cpu ppu lockout chip and crystal occilator  from one of the 20 nes console i have.

and popped on the sockets  and the pal cpu and ppu.  i double socketed the lock out chip  and bent  pin 4 on the socket to disable the lock out chip  replaced the crystal occilator and  now i have a converted nes 😛  i then ordered a cheap AV to hdmi converter so i can play the pal signal on my ntsc tv.  i guess i could have left the crystal oscillator in place so the signal would still be ntsc compatible  but id rather do it as original as possible

took me 30 minutes and it cost me 18 dollars.  vs buying one on ebay for 160.

IMG_4487.JPG

IMG_4488.JPG

• Like 2

Yeah I think if you're going to this extent, definitely make a dual-mode NES, those are rare due to the amount of work it takes to make that mod, but it sounds like you've already done all the tough parts! 

I'd love to do something like that for my top loader, but I don't think it's realistic to fit all that and an NESRGB inside it.

There's no way an NES has to cost $160

Edited by Sumez

13 hours ago, Sumez said:

Yeah I think if you're going to this extent, definitely make a dual-mode NES, those are rare due to the amount of work it takes to make that mod, but it sounds like you've already done all the tough parts! 

I'd love to do something like that for my top loader, but I don't think it's realistic to fit all that and an NESRGB inside it.

There's no way an NES has to cost $160

the shipping was 60 so ts actually 100