IGNORED

Nintendo GameCube with Intec Monitor - Goodwill Online Auction (Sold! $261)

Social Team · Posted

I just know this will go for more money than I want.  Wanted to share incase someone wanted to try can get it for "cheap".  Auction ends 4/30/2021 7:04:00 PM Pacific Time

https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/120605379

039e7b490b767bd40.JPG

ee4f6464d1c2c4411.JPG

Edited by FireHazard51
updated the sold price
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

I remember those back in the day, sick what they go for now.  I don't even recall if they were all that awesome in the first place.  I know the Intec psone panel wasn't good compared to what Sony made for their own system.

Yeah, they were recognised as cheap garbage back then, just another pointless 3rd party accessory attempting to wedge a use-case into the market and see if anyone would bite.

Then again, these days they do strike a pretty novel retro-looking image, kinda almost like nostalgia for a time that never actually was, in a weird way... But yeah, whateves, TRASH. 😛

I have four of those Intec LCD screens (two indigo, one black, and one platinum), as well as the Intec sound system and speakers. I use one of the screens when playing Mega Man X Collection, simply because most of that collection displays at a low resolution of 240p which my HDTV won't display since my GameCube is hooked up with its Component cable. Since early models of the GameCube have two AV ports, I plugged a Composite cable into the AV Adapter that came with the screen. That way I can keep the Component cable connected to my TV and audio plugs connected to my Sound Bar and Subwoofer and not put up with the screen's tiny speakers. I also have that same Disc Wallet, except it's blue instead of gray.

gcinteclcdscreens.jpg.aec64e02d6bc7dc20757ab7b8bf616fb.jpg

gclcdscreenmmxc.jpg.7967f404b8f00de7fc1e58aaa8427e51.jpg

gcwallet.jpg.aa1ee8c5d3d649d07c97ec0d71456034.jpg

Other than that, I can't think of any other reasons to use these screens...unless maybe someone wants to play a Game Boy Advance game with four players, hook up four GameCube's and Game Boy Players, and use four LCD screens instead of four TV's.

Edited by MegaMan52
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, OptOut said:

Yeah, they were recognised as cheap garbage back then, just another pointless 3rd party accessory attempting to wedge a use-case into the market and see if anyone would bite.

Then again, these days they do strike a pretty novel retro-looking image, kinda almost like nostalgia for a time that never actually was, in a weird way... But yeah, whateves, TRASH. 😛

Well good, memory served well.  Shame, because I think I remember back then I was hoping it wasn't garbage and I just remember them and others put out varying levels of awfulness which was a shame after Sony did wonders with their LCD that actually improved seemingly how PS1 games looked.

• Like 1

Social Team · Posted
10 hours ago, OptOut said:

Also, @FireHazard51 you work for Goodwill these days or what, lol?! 🤣

I can't help that I come across these crazy things when I wasn't even looking for them.  Last time I searched "laser" to see what electronics (non-gaming) came up.  This time I was searching "monitor" to find a cute little CRT monitor.  And BOOM!  This guy showed up and I was like.....fuck, I need to share this in case someone was looking to snag it for their collection.  

GoodWills are fucking nuts in terms of the weird rare shit you can find.  And then there are things that I go, "How are they selling a new product that just came out 6 months ago for less than MSRP?"  For a while there you could find new Sony Playstation headphones on GWs while stores were sold out of stock.  And of course those who shop GW look for deals and don't spend MSRP.  Other times I don't know why they buy things on GWs when ebay has it cheaper and way better protection of things that don't work when you expect it to.  GW usually tells you it "powers on" but zero clue on if it will actually function.  Other times they know if they want a better sale they need to show it will work like TVs or console systems.  Though usually the console systems aren't shown working but just if they power on.

I expect GW reaction to actually testing their products is along the lines of...

Spoiler

aint nobody got time for that GIF

Edited by FireHazard51

• The title was changed to Nintendo GameCube with Intec Monitor - Goodwill Online Auction (Sold! $261)