IGNORED

Lego Mario has metal pins like the NES connector and they have issues

Homer

Lately my son's Lego Mario started acting strange.  It would show a phone/bluetooth symbol on the screen all the time. After looking on the internet, I found out that it's a pin issue.  I was able to temporarily fix the issue by bending a couple of the pins. But sadly after about a month the issue came back.

After trying to fix the issue a second time, it dawned on me that these pins look very similar to NES connector pins.

I'm guessing that this product was designed by Lego, but what a odd coincidence.  I feel like somebody is trolling me.

LOL, anyway I just sent a support request to Lego. 

IMG_20210424_110636.jpg

My problem with the Lego Mario is that you can only get it in the starter set... It's not sold separately not in any other configuration ATM.

I got two kids, but I'm not buying two starter sets so they can have a Mario each! The younger one had to settle for Yoshi, but it's not as good as the Mario. I would have probably bought an extra Mario if they sold it separately tho.

Another issue is the fact that if that Mario is lost, same problem, you gotta buy a whole nother starter set... We've already had two close calls in that regard, lol, the boy takes Lego Mario everywhere, lol!

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, OptOut said:

My problem with the Lego Mario is that you can only get it in the starter set... It's not sold separately not in any other configuration ATM.

I got two kids, but I'm not buying two starter sets so they can have a Mario each! The younger one had to settle for Yoshi, but it's not as good as the Mario. I would have probably bought an extra Mario if they sold it separately tho.

Another issue is the fact that if that Mario is lost, same problem, you gotta buy a whole nother starter set... We've already had two close calls in that regard, lol, the boy takes Lego Mario everywhere, lol!

Poor kid, it sucks being the younger of two children. 😢

Aside from being Yoshi, is there other things not as good about that one?

1 minute ago, fcgamer said:

Poor kid, it sucks being the younger of two children. 😢

Aside from being Yoshi, is there other things not as good about that one?

The Yoshi is just Lego, it doesn't light up or talk or anything. Anyway Jamie got the Lego Mario for his birthday, so Charlie's one was only a mercy gifting anyway, lol!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, OptOut said:

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/adventures-with-luigi-starter-course-71387

Luigi starter set coming soon