IGNORED

Silverspoon's Sunday Discussion Topic #6: What Movie Reboots are Better Than the Show They're Based On?

SilverspoonGaming

I have a long list for everyone to either agree with me on, or burn me because I didnt give the tv show a fair shake.  So basically Im saying that these shows sucked, but the movies based on them are really good.

Keep in mind, to qualify, the film has to be a reboot or revival of the original series being made many years after the show has gone off the air. 

21 Jump Street
A-Team
Addams Family
Beverly Hillbillies
Brady Bunch Movies
Ducktales: Treasure of the Lost Lamp
Starsky and Hutch

Honorable mentions for being great as a show and as a movie:

Baywatch
Flintstones
George of the Jungle - well the movie was funny when I was young and it had just come out.

Edited by SilverspoonGaming
  • Like 1
  • Eyeroll 1

A-Team and Beverly Hillbillies TV shows are sucky and the movies are better? That's crazy talk!

The Addams Family was a very good TV show (for what it intended to be) that also had decent movie adaptations

No one's going to pretend The Brady Bunch show was high art, but the 1995 movie was middling at best, and the made for TV movies and the Christmas movie and the Variety Hour were dismal.

3 hours ago, Daniel_Doyce said:

A-Team and Beverly Hillbillies TV shows are sucky and the movies are better? That's crazy talk!

The Addams Family was a very good TV show (for what it intended to be) that also had decent movie adaptations

No one's going to pretend The Brady Bunch show was high art, but the 1995 movie was middling at best, and the made for TV movies and the Christmas movie and the Variety Hour were dismal.

Yes the two 90s Brady Bunch movies were campy, but I find them hilarious, and I absolutely hated the show.

Just now, SilverspoonGaming said:

@foxI have to disagree with parts of your list.  Goof Troop and Tiny Toons were probably top 10 90s cartoons so you cant say that they were bad but had a great movie adaptation.  And Waynes World is one of the best skits SNL has ever had.

I never said they were bad.  The shows were good, but they really leveled up for the movies.

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Silverspoon's Sunday Discussion Topic #6: What Movie Reboots are Better Than the Show They're Based On?
  • 2 weeks later...