IGNORED

WTB: BD&A Nintendo 64 Plush from '97-'98, Sculptor's Cut CIB

broncofantd793

I think I threw this away a few years ago.. thought you might like the pic for nostalgia purposes. I found the box with a handful of plushes in a Goodwill maybe 10 years ago. They wanted $1.99/plush and let me have the box when I bought all they had. It might still be at my parents' house, but I'm pretty sure it was dumped when I moved out in 2014.

50148270358_0a7f8a1c88_z.jpg

7 hours ago, Deku said:

I think I threw this away a few years ago.. thought you might like the pic for nostalgia purposes. I found the box with a handful of plushes in a Goodwill maybe 10 years ago. They wanted $1.99/plush and let me have the box when I bought all they had. It might still be at my parents' house, but I'm pretty sure it was dumped when I moved out in 2014.

50148270358_0a7f8a1c88_z.jpg

That’s an awesome box. It would be perfect to display everything. Maybe I’ll find one some day!

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to bump the topic again, but would anyone happen to have a Blue Yoshi BD&A plush they'd be willing to sell or trade? I'm on the hunt for one and I have a number of other characters from the line, including Green Yoshi, Mario, Luigi, Toad, Bowser, DK, and Wario I'd be willing to trade (in varying states of condition, but some still have the original tags).

Edited by MrMindGame

9 hours ago, MrMindGame said:

Sorry to bump the topic again, but would anyone happen to have a Blue Yoshi BD&A plush they'd be willing to sell or trade? I'm on the hunt for one and I have a number of other characters from the line, including Green Yoshi, Mario, Luigi, Toad, Bowser, DK, and Wario I'd be willing to trade (in varying states of condition, but some still have the original tags).

The blue one is my personal favorite. If I come across one, I’ll post it here!

On 8/3/2020 at 1:04 PM, MrMindGame said:

Don't apologize for bumping the topic!  I'm still hoping things manage to work out for broncofantd793.  I think it's amazing that these toys I loved as a kid still have some pop cultural cachet.

I was able to find the 12 inch, replaceable battery versions of Yoshi, Bowser, Mario, and DK sans cardboard from a single seller on eBay. I'm not interested in the 6 inch versions that are not repairable.

I am still looking for Princess Peach, black Yoshi, and white Yoshi. I'm aware of the prices, and I've made my peace with them. Please message me if looking to sell.

LIST AND INFO HAVE MOVED TO A LATER POST DUE TO TOO MUCH NEW INFO. I will continue to expand the list and move it later in my posts.

Edited by broncofantd793
New info. List migrating to later post.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/12/2020 at 11:32 PM, broncofantd793 said:

I was able to find the 12 inch, replaceable battery versions of Yoshi, Bowser, Mario, and DK sans cardboard from a single seller on eBay. I'm not interested in the 6 inch versions that are not repairable.

I am still looking for Princess Peach, black Yoshi, and white Yoshi. I'm aware of the prices, and I've made my peace with them. Please message me if looking to sell.

FWIW, if anyone is looking to collect these Nintendo 64 Collectibles BD&A plush, below is the list that I am following/developing.  The list is based off an old Nintendo Power catalog.  Most of these were mail away products, with some retail releases. This list does not include the later Toysite Nintendo 64 Collectibles plush that expanded and included more peripheral characters. I included some tidbits as well.  Sorry for the poor organization.

6 inch base set

• Bowser
  • Diddy Kong - has 3 versions, one with blue eyes, 1 with a car
  • Donkey Kong
  • Luigi - Rarest of the base set
  • Mario
  • Toad
  • Wario
  • Yoshi

Matching 3 inch Keychains for the base set

• Bowser
  • Diddy Kong
  • Donkey Kong
  • Luigi
  • Mario
  • Toad
  • Wario
  • Yoshi - has the red boots of the variant, although the base 6 inch Yoshi has orange boots

6 inch Yoshi Variants - originally sold as a 4 pack, but may have been sold individually. 

• Blue
  • Green with Red Boots 
  • Red - Most expensive of these 4
  • Yellow

Banjo Kazooie Nintendo Power Mail Aways / Retail releases

• Banjo Kazooie - around 7 to 8 inches depending on condition
    • Has a Nintendo 64 Collectibles tag to match the previously mentioned 20 items.
    • Unconfirmed if there is a 4 inch version of this plush
    • Unconfirmed if this has a Banjo Kazooie promotional tag variant
  • Mumbo Jumbo - also around 7 to 8 inches
    • Has a 4 inch variant
    • Has a Nintendo 64 Collectibles tag and a Banjo Kazooie promotional tag variant for the 7 to 8 inch
    • The 4 inch variant has the promotional tag, thus far

6 Inch Talking Plush - Can't be repaired. All batteries were internal. Came with Nintendo 64 Collectibles tags

• Bower
  • Donkey Kong
  • Mario
  • Yoshi

12 Inch Talking Plush - Has replaceable batteries in back, originally came in cardboard base, no tags

• Bowser
  • Donkey Kong
  • Mario
  • Yoshi

Yoshi's Story Yoshi Variants

• Back
  • White
    • To acquire these, you had to:
      • Pre-Order Yoshi's Story
      • Purchase game
      • Cut out the UPC
      • Mail the receipt and UPC code away
      • Only Choose 1
    • These are the Rarest and most desirable of all the BD&A N64 plush that I've yet discovered
    • Their tags have Yoshi's Story on one side, then their locations in the game on the back

Princess Peach

• May be as hard to find as the Yoshi's, but I've only been looking seriously for about a year
  • This likely came WITHOUT a tag at all
  • One size only

Total Set number with color/size/tag variants: 37 and counting...

There is also a Jumbo DK and Mario that was made.

I will also add photos of a middle sized Flying Mario BD&A plush that I have and am looking to sell.

received_1016775118725421.jpeg

received_3311734308850377.jpeg

received_980721199025430.jpeg

• Wow! 1

2 hours ago, CBsRetroTs said:

Looking to sell/trade.

-CB

Holy crap that Donkey Kong LOOKS MASSIVE. It's already the largest of the 6' inch. Do I have to feed it if I ever find one?

What??? That is a "middle sized" Mario?!?!

This plush collecting is turning out awesome. It's like just coming upon CIB games all over.  Since I've obviously never heard of or seen these sorts of things before, what would you want out of your Mario?

FWIW, if anyone is looking to collect these Nintendo 64 Collectibles BD&A plush, below is the list that I am following/developing.  The list is based off an old Nintendo Power catalog.  Most of these were mail away products, with some retail releases. This list does not include the later Toysite Nintendo 64 Collectibles plush that expanded and included more peripheral characters. I included some tidbits as well.  Sorry for the poor organization.

6 inch base set (QTY 8 + 5 non-Yoshi, non-Diddy variants)

• Bowser
  • Diddy Kong - has 5+ versions; minimum of two with blue eyes, 1 with a car, 2 with different black eyes. 2 different sizes. There's promo materials too. Sigh, not even I'm tracking all of these down. 🙃
  • Donkey Kong
  • Luigi - 3 versions; 1st print has lined eyes and mouth, 3rd has neither.
  • Mario - 2 versions; variant has an open mouth
  • Toad - 2 versions; variant has a lined mouth
  • Wario - 3 versions; eyes, ears, teeth all vary
  • Yoshi - So many Yoshi variants listed below. The base Yoshi has orange boots.

Matching 3 inch Keychains for the base 8 set (QTY 8 + no known variants)

• Bowser
  • Diddy Kong
  • Donkey Kong
  • Luigi
  • Mario
  • Toad
  • Wario
  • Yoshi - has the red boots of a Yoshi variant. Odd.

6 inch Yoshi Variants - originally sold as a 4 pack, but may have been sold individually. (QTY 4)

• Blue
  • Green with Red Boots 
  • Yellow

Banjo Kazooie Nintendo Power Mail Aways / Retail releases (QTY 6 + 4 to 6 tag variants)

• Banjo Kazooie
    • 8 Inch Version - Has a Nintendo 64 Collectibles tag, may have a Banjo promotional tag variant version
    • 4 Inch Version - never seen or pictured by me.
    • Keychain - Rare, larger than the base set key chains.
    • 8 Inch Version - Has Nintendo 64 Collectibles tag and promotional tag versions
    • 4 Inch Version - has a promotional tag
    • Keychain - confirmed to exist from fellow collector. Rarer than Banjo Keychain

6 Inch Talking Plush - Can't be repaired. All batteries were internal. Came with Nintendo 64 Collectibles tags that state "Talking" on them (QTY 4)

• Bower
  • Donkey Kong
  • Mario
  • Yoshi

12 Inch Talking Plush - Has replaceable batteries in back, originally came in cardboard base, no tags (QTY 4)

• Bowser
  • Donkey Kong
  • Mario
  • Yoshi

Midsized Plush (QTY 4)

• Mario Wing Cap
  • Yoshi
  • DK
  • Bowser with Red back

Massive Big Ol' Plush (QTY 2)

• Donkey Kong
  • Mario

Yoshi's Story Yoshi Variants (QTY 2)

• Back
  • White
      • Purchase game
      • Cut out the UPC
      • Only Choose 1
    • These are the Rarest and most desirable of all the BD&A N64 plush that I've yet discovered
    • Their tags have Yoshi's Story on one side, then their locations in the game on the back

Princess Peach (QTY 1)

• Often improperly listed online
  • One size only
  • Someone BIN'd this at 4K, don't pay 4k. Wait for the historical $250 - $350.

Total Set number: minimum 43. With variants? Damn. You're I am going to need a bigger shelf.

Edited by broncofantd793
Added a few more newly re-discovered.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2020 at 10:59 PM, broncofantd793 said:

6 inch base set (QTY 8 + 5 non-Yoshi, non-Diddy variants)

• Bowser
  • Diddy Kong - has 5+ versions; minimum of two with blue eyes, 1 with a car, 2 with different black eyes. There's promo materials too. Sigh, not even I'm tracking all of these down.
  • Donkey Kong
  • Luigi - 2 versions; variant has lined eyes
  • Mario - 2 versions; variant has an open mouth
  • Toad - 2 versions; variant has a lined mouth
  • Wario - 3 versions; eyes, ears, teeth all vary
  • Yoshi - So many Yoshi variants listed below. The base Yoshi has orange boots.

Matching 3 inch Keychains for the base 8 set (QTY 8 + no known variants)

• Bowser
  • Diddy Kong
  • Donkey Kong
  • Luigi
  • Mario
  • Toad
  • Wario
  • Yoshi - has the red boots of a Yoshi variant. Odd.

6 inch Yoshi Variants - originally sold as a 4 pack, but may have been sold individually. (QTY 4)

• Blue
  • Green with Red Boots 
  • Yellow

Banjo Kazooie Nintendo Power Mail Aways / Retail releases (QTY 6 + 4 to 6 tag variants)

• Banjo Kazooie
    • 8 Inch Version - Has a Nintendo 64 Collectibles tag, may have a Banjo promotional tag variant version
    • 4 Inch Version - never seen or pictured by me.
    • Keychain - Rare, larger than the base set key chains.
    • 8 Inch Version - Has Nintendo 64 Collectibles tag and promotional tag versions
    • 4 Inch Version - has a promotional tag
    • Keychain - confirmed to exist from fellow collector. Rarer than Banjo Keychain

6 Inch Talking Plush - Can't be repaired. All batteries were internal. Came with Nintendo 64 Collectibles tags that state "Talking" on them (QTY 4)

• Bower
  • Donkey Kong
  • Mario
  • Yoshi

12 Inch Talking Plush - Has replaceable batteries in back, originally came in cardboard base, no tags (QTY 4)

• Bowser
  • Donkey Kong
  • Mario
  • Yoshi

Midsized Plush (QTY 1)

• Mario Wing Cap

Massive Big Ol' Plush (QTY 2)

• Donkey Kong
  • Mario

Yoshi's Story Yoshi Variants (QTY 2)

• Back
  • White
      • Purchase game
      • Cut out the UPC
      • Only Choose 1
    • These are the Rarest and most desirable of all the BD&A N64 plush that I've yet discovered

Princess Peach (QTY 1)

• Often improperly listed online
  • One size only
  • Someone BIN'd this at 4K, and now all the prices are silly.

Total Set number: minimum 40. With variants? Damn. You're I am going to need a bigger shelf.

Perfect List! I’m pretty sure that’s all of them

5 minutes ago, broncofantd793 said:

I didn't include the Tonic and Gex ones from BD&A.  Sticking to the "A" team, if you will.

Totally understand I’m the same way, I’m good with just going for the first party ones. For those who want to go all out they can go for those two you mentioned & the Humongous entertainment games line of BD&A plushes.

5 minutes ago, broncofantd793 said:

!

I’d be very much interested if you’re looking to sell or trade. 

I haven't decided if I want to hang on to them longer hoping the price goes up but at the same time I want to sell.

I've noticed on eBay the price has swung around quite a lot over the past few months all the way up to $5000 and down to $1600.  I have the whole set except the ultra rare black and white yoshi and the Keychain versions. I'd have to examine the other ones to see what version they are.

I also have the banjo kazooie ones.

You can PM me if you'd like to discuss it further. 

14 minutes ago, BLaRAnakiN said:

I haven't decided if I want to hang on to them longer hoping the price goes up but at the same time I want to sell.

I've noticed on eBay the price has swung around quite a lot over the past few months all the way up to $5000 and down to $1600.  I have the whole set except the ultra rare black and white yoshi and the Keychain versions. I'd have to examine the other ones to see what version they are.

I also have the banjo kazooie ones.

You can PM me if you'd like to discuss it further. 

PM incoming

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...