IGNORED

WTB: The Legend of Zelda (NES) - First Print Manual

platformagnostic

Hey all!

I am looking for a legit first print manual for The Legend of Zelda on NES.  

It does not need to be in mint condition but I would like for it to be complete and in very good to excellent condition.  The nicer the manual, the more I would be willing to pay. 

For those who aren't sure which version they have, the best identifier is on Page 11 of the manual.   A first print manual will say "When you load the cassette".  Every other printing of the manual will say "When you load the Game Pak".  

Please feel free to send me a private message and thanks!

53 minutes ago, Code Monkey said:

You just made me realise mine is not actually a first print like I thought it was. It has no game code on the front cover and no date code on the last page but it does have Game Pak on page 11.

Yeah it's weird, but they snuck a very minor manual revision very early on. There was no change to the box or cart that came with it (as there is also a NES tm manual with the Game Pak text).

There actually are four variants of the manual with no game code or date code. They are as follows:

1. cassette on page 11
  2. Game Pak on page 11 but "Nintendo® Entertainment System™" on page 2
  3. "Nintendo Entertainment System®" on page 2 but no Precaution under the table of contents on page 2
  4. A Precaution under the table of contents on page 2
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

You just made me realise mine is not actually a first print like I thought it was. It has no game code on the front cover and no date code on the last page but it does have Game Pak on page 11.

Yep.. I know exactly what you mean.  I bought a CIB first print copy of the game and found out a few months later that the manual was actually the second print.  Fun fun.. 😄

10 minutes ago, platformagnostic said:

Yep.. I know exactly what you mean.  I bought a CIB first print copy of the game and found out a few months later that the manual was actually the second print.  Fun fun.. 😄

To be clear as long as the manual has the NES TM it does match with "first print" box and cart. They just updated the manual without changing the box or cart

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 0xDEAFC0DE said:

To be clear as long as the manual has the NES TM it does match with "first print" box and cart. They just updated the manual without changing the box or cart

That's great to know.  I plan on sending this game to WATA as a keepsake.  The Legend of Zelda is my favorite game of all-time and I wanted to get a first print of it graded.  It won't grade well, but that doesn't really matter to me.  

Thanks for all of the help! 😄

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...