IGNORED

In Dragon Quest 11 S *MINOR SPOILERS* who did you choose to marry/"settle down" with and why?

Estil

So as was the case most famously in Dragon Quest 5 and in the (remakes?) of Dragon Quest 8...the new "S" version of Dragon Quest 11 now gives you the option to choose which of the main characters you want to "marry", and not just having to take the default "Bianca" option like the original version.  *EXTRA SPOILER WARNING* Do NOT watch past the 46:00 mark if you don't want to spoil who the super secret eighth character is!!

As for having the option to "marry" a guy, folks believe it or not a lot of girls like to play video games too and they are just as much into "fanservice" as boy gamers, right? 🙂  Anyway, as I had already explained here who I married in Dragon Quest 5 and why:

https://www.nintendoage.com/discussion/174281/in-dragon-warrior-quest-5-did-you-choose-to-marry-bianca-flora-or-debora-ds-only-and-why

I think it should be easy to figure out who I chose and why.  NO I didn't choose the default/"Bianca" option as I already did that in the original DQ11.  I don't reckon my new bride though will "need protection" nearly as much though...if anything she and my now sister-in-law swore to protect YOU! 😄   And of course like that Toby Keith song says, we gotta have a whole house full of little ones...I'm sure you can guess what kind 😄 

Edited by Estil

5 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

...and before I answer, I need to know which choice leads to the best gratuitous sex scenes.

Well the trouble with that likely pick is that you'd be "marrying" your adopted big sister though...would that really be right? 😞  For the record I do love Rapunzel length hair though...then again if Serena can have a "short or long-ish hair at will" accessory then...

Edited by Estil

42 minutes ago, JamesRobot said:

Right.  You don't need to marry her when she's just gonna get "stuck" in the clothes dryer regardless. 

Pardon?  Of course, you kinda get all three girls/best of all worlds in a way...Serena as your wife, the little firecracker as your sister-in-law and kung-fu Rapunzel as your big sis! 😄  And I think they do look super cute in matching school uniforms (which you need to get the best rare item drop probability), especially the white ones you can only get in the S version.

But not nearly as off the charts adorable as the queen from the frozen city (I'm trying to keep spoilers down) with her adorable glasses 🙂 

Edited by Estil

5 hours ago, Reed Rothchild said:

Well that's 45:00 of my life I won't get back. 

Just kidding.  I didn't watch it.

Yeah that's only for if you REALLY want to know what being "married" to each character will be like.  And I marked the topic "minor spoilers" because I thought maybe just mentioning there is a marriage option much later on in the game might count as one.

Edited by Estil

Fuck:
76716-262.jpg

Marry:
ss.jpg

Kill:
Dragon_Quest_XI_announced-700x394.jpg

Honestly, I only played the original English release of the game, and the "marriage" element to that game is so lazily handled. It's literally an unrelated quest reward, you never see it happening, and the person you're marrying isn't even involved in the choice, it comes across pretty grossly forceful. Adding an actual choice of who you are marrying sounds like it'd make it even worse, so I hope they added a little more nuance to it than that. 😛 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sumez said:

Fuck:
76716-262.jpg

Marry:
ss.jpg

Kill:
Dragon_Quest_XI_announced-700x394.jpg

Honestly, I only played the original English release of the game, and the "marriage" element to that game is so lazily handled. It's literally an unrelated quest reward, you never see it happening, and the person you're marrying isn't even involved in the choice, it comes across pretty grossly forceful. Adding an actual choice of who you are marrying sounds like it'd make it even worse, so I hope they added a little more nuance to it than that. 😛 

First off "f" and kill are not valid options.  And in a way Dragon Quest 5 is just the opposite...you're just suddenly thrust into marrying someone.  One (or two in DS version) of them you don't know all that well, and the other I'm not so sure if you and/or her exactly thought of each other in that way.

And this right here has got to be the cutest, most off the charts adorable looking bride in all of video games 🙂 

PS: Why do they end up in separate beds?  What is this some 50s b/w sitcom? 😛 

Edited by Estil

38 minutes ago, Estil said:

PS: Why do they end up in separate beds?  What is this some 50s b/w sitcom? 😛 

We can't have them making babies... oh, wait a minute....

39 minutes ago, Estil said:

And in a way Dragon Quest 5 is just the opposite...you're just suddenly thrust into marrying someone.  One (or two in DS version) of them you don't know all that well, and the other I'm not so sure if you and/or her exactly thought of each other in that way.

Yeah, I know DQ5 is typically a fan favourite, but I'm not really a fan of the pacing in the game, and this is one of the major reasons. I think it goes without saying of course, that Bianca is the "canon" wife, not just due to her appearing right there on the game box, but she's also the only character that's actually set up to have a potential relationship with the main character. Nera I feel was added simply to give some player agency and an alternative for those who wanted it. Rather than being directed into choosing Bianca, the player actually gets to personally choose her.

Debora, I'd say was added partly for the same reasons, partly as a joke, and partly to add the "sexy and sassy" alternative to the existing "childhood friend" and "cute and shy" tropes. I've heard claims that say she has the best character arc in how she softens up to the hero over the course of the game - and trust me, I've done a full Debora playthrough, and she doesn't 😛 . Almost every dialogue you can have with her is a twist on the same joke. 

8 hours ago, Sumez said:

Debora, I'd say was added partly for the same reasons, partly as a joke, and partly to add the "sexy and sassy" alternative to the existing "childhood friend" and "cute and shy" tropes. I've heard claims that say she has the best character arc in how she softens up to the hero over the course of the game - and trust me, I've done a full Debora playthrough, and she doesn't 😛 . Almost every dialogue you can have with her is a twist on the same joke. 

I think it's more along the lines of she gradually respects you more as the game goes on, and doesn't think of you as so "lacking".  Of course she's still gonna hen peck ya just to keep you on your toes.  And I guess for "sexy and sassy" they split that into Jade and Veronica respectively (hence I refer to her as "the little firecracker" type seeing as how she is little and her normal clothes are the same color as a firecracker).

But seriously, someone like Nera or Serena as an ideal wife in my book is mainly because I most definitely didn't have the sweet kind mom or heroic "I wanna be just like him" dad growing up. 😞  Instead I ended up with a nasty emotionally abusive/manipulative "mother" and a classic schoolyard bully type of a "father" 😞   Neither of whom really loved me or accepted me as I was 😞   

So YES, I would most definitely love and appreciate so much a mom like Amber and a wife like Serena...both are so sweet and kind and truly love you and will do most anything for ya...and Serena clearly wants to bend over backwards to be as awesome of a cook for ya!  I mean there is no way you could ask for a better wife.  And like Nera, Serena will do her best to be a good wife for you!  And YES that whole lovey dovey stuff Nera does would be super cute, which would go great to with the rest of our family. 🙂  After all, like Toby Keith says you gotta have a whole house full of little ones...well a specific kind of little ones of course 😄 

PS: You guys do know there is much, MUCH more to having a wife than the "passionately hugging" part (as r/Slash likes to call it), right?  RIGHT??  Still judging by a couple of Serena's outfits (especially that hot red one) I wouldn't sell her short in that department either! 😄 

Edited by Estil

• 3 years later...

So after three years I decided to give this game another go around (sadly no trophies this time) and I was thinking this time (as I already married Gemma and Serena the first couple of times) of marrying the amazing Veronica...she does have that cute sassy spunk going for her after all.  Still, I keep getting reminded over and over of just how perfect of a wife Serena would be.

Editorials Team · Posted
On 1/19/2021 at 7:17 PM, JamesRobot said:

Right.  You don't need to marry her when she's just gonna get "stuck" in the clothes dryer regardless. 

Ok I just saw this 🤣

edit: Wait, this thread is from 2021?  Long enough to laugh at the same shit twice 😆