IGNORED

Switch shortage continue into Holiday 2020?

RegularGuyGamer

Do you guys think the console shortages will continue going into Christmas this year?

It seems like Nintendo was able to catch up but I don't know if they'll be able to continue meeting demand. Especially if XB SX/X and PS5 are sold out everywhere, people will be pushed to the Switch maybe more than before. 

Well they're sold out at all major retailers already. It seems like they go in and out of stock but I can see if getting cut throat this Christmas trying to get a current gen system. If Nintendo was more crafty they would have stocked the shelves with 3DS for one more Holiday season to really take advantage of the situation. 

1 hour ago, Estil said:

At least it's not like how the Wii was for its first few years, right?

It's been in the same territory since about February. Used switches have been selling for $100 over. MSRP for several months. It doesn't look like they have a handle on production yet either going into the Holidays

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, RegularGuyGamer said:

Switches are sold out on best buy, walmart and target. The switch lite is still in stock at best buy tho. I had a feeling they'd had a hard time keeping up with demand this holiday

I'm thinking due to the Black Friday deals this time.  Gamestop had a few different deals over the last couple days as well.

2 minutes ago, captmorgandrinker said:

I'm thinking due to the Black Friday deals this time.  Gamestop had a few different deals over the last couple days as well.

I hope so. It's just crazy to me that right now that all current gen consoles are sold out at everyday major retailer's website.