IGNORED

Long lost unreleased game Kick-man for the Atari 2600 found!

TrekMD

Kick-man was developed for the Atari 2600 back in 1983 and was to be published by CBS Electronics; however, the game was cancelled and never seen again. That is until Dutchman2000 and Thomas Jentzsch found the game and released it on Atari Age.  Kick-man was released in the arcades by Midway and the gameplay consists of the player controlling a clown on a unicycle moving left and right catching falling balloons on his head.  If a balloon is missed, the clown can kick it up to try to catch it.  This gameplay is nicely captured in the 2600 version.

Source:  Vintage Is The New World

t8Pt0QG.jpg

Here is a video that shows the game through emulation...

Download Here

Edited by TrekMD
  • Like 1

This is how you make a proper post, thanks for this.

1. The title is very descriptive, I know exactly what I will be reading if I click the title.

2. There's a brief writeup as well as a screenshot, instead of just a link and nothing else.

3. The source is included if I wish to read more.

I do have a question though, I'm curious if they simply found the digital file for the game or was a cartridge found?

• Like 1

That’s a pretty impressive sprite for 2600.

2 hours ago, TrekMD said:

It sure is!  By the way, does anyone know how to get the videos to show as a video instead of a link?

Put the link with no extra stuff.

like this but without spaces  

https :// youtu . be / w0I5E3XKN7A

The forum will automagically embed the video.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Code Monkey said:

This is how you make a proper post, thanks for this.

1. The title is very descriptive, I know exactly what I will be reading if I click the title.

2. There's a brief writeup as well as a screenshot, instead of just a link and nothing else.

3. The source is included if I wish to read more.

I do have a question though, I'm curious if they simply found the digital file for the game or was a cartridge found?

Thank you.  Not sure.  I think only the ROM was found.