Jump to content
IGNORED

Full List of NTSC-J/Japanese N64 and 64DD Titles


EdgeOfPortal
 Share

Recommended Posts

This is a complete list of Nintendo 64 titles released in Japan, that includes ALL titles, not just exclusives. For now, this list only includes titles, and not release dates or developers, however I may add that at some point. Note that this list is in alphabetical order, with a total of 196 titles (206 if 64DD titles are included). Well, let's get started.

N64 Cartridge Titles:

  1. 1080 Snowboarding
  2. 64 Hanafuda: Tenshi no Yakusoku*
  3. 64 Ozumo*
  4. 64 Ozumo 2*
  5. 64 Trump Collection*
  6. Aero Fighters Assault
  7. AeroGuage
  8. AI Shogi 3*
  9. Air Boarder 64
  10. Animal Crossing/Animal Forest*
  11. Automobili Lamborghini
  12. Bangai-O*
  13. Bakusho Jinsei 64*
  14. Banjo-Kazooie
  15. Banjo-Tooie
  16. Bass Rush: ECOGEAR Powerworm*
  17. Beetle Adventure Racing!
  18. Big Mountain 2000
  19. Biohazard 2
  20. Bomberman 64*
  21. Bomberman 64: The Second Attack
  22. Bomberman Hero
  23. Buck Bumble
  24. Bust-A-Move '99
  25. Blastdozer 64
  26. Castlevania
  27. Castlevania: Legacy of Darkness
  28. Centre Court Tennis
  29. Chameleon Twist
  30. Chameleon Twist 2
  31. Cho Snowboard Kids
  32. Chopper Attack
  33. Choro Q 64 2*
  34. Chokukan Night: Pro Yakyu King*
  35. Chokukan Night: Pro Yakyu King 2*
  36. Custom Robo*
  37. Custom Robo V2*
  38. Daikatana
  39. Dairanto Smash Brothers
  40. Dance Dance Revolution Disney Dancing Museum*
  41. Dark Rift
  42. Densha de Go! 64*
  43. Derby Stallion 64*
  44. Dazaemon 3D*
  45. Diddy Kong Racing
  46. Donkey Kong 64
  47. Doom 64
  48. Doraemon: Nobita to Miitsu no Seireiseki*
  49. Doraemon 2: Nobita to Hikari no Shinden*
  50. Doraemon 3: Nobita no Machi SOS!*
  51. Dual Heroes
  52. Eiko no Saint Andrews*
  53. Eltale Monsters
  54. Excitebike 64
  55. Extreme-G
  56. Extreme-G 2
  57. F-1 World Grand Prix
  58. F-Zero X
  59. F-1 Pole Position 64
  60. Famista 64*
  61. FIFA: Road to World Cup '98
  62. Fighters Destiny
  63. Fighters Destiny 2
  64. Flying Dragon
  65. G.A.S.P!! Fighters' NEXTream
  66. Gauntlet Legends
  67. Getter Love!!*
  68. Goemon Mononoke Sugoroku*
  69. Goemon's Great Adventure
  70. GoldenEye 007
  71. GT 64: Championship Edition
  72. Hamster Monogatari 64*
  73. Harvest Moon 64
  74. Heiwa Pachinko World 64*
  75. Hexen
  76. Hey You, Pikachu!
  77. Hybrid Heaven
  78. Hyper Olympics in Nagano
  79. Ide Yosuke no Mahjong Juku*
  80. Iggy's Reckin' Balls
  81. International Superstar Soccer '98
  82. International Superstar Soccer 2000
  83. International Superstar Soccer 64
  84. International Track & Field 2000
  85. Itoi Shigesato no Bass Tsuri No. 1*
  86. J-League Dynamite Soccer 64*
  87. J-League Eleven Beat 1997*
  88. J-League Live 64*
  89. J-League Tactics Soccer*
  90. Jango Simulation Mahjong-do 64*
  91. Jet Force Gemini
  92. Jikkyo GI Stable*
  93. Jikkyo J. League: Perfect Striker*
  94. Jikkyo Powerful Pro Yakyu 4*
  95. Jikkyo Powerful Pro Yakyu 5*
  96. Jikkyo Powerful Pro Yakyu 6*
  97. Jikkyo Powerful Pro Yakyu 2000*
  98. Jikkyo Powerful Pro Yakyu Basicban 2001*
  99. Jinsei Game 64*
  100. Kira tto Kaiketsu! 64 Tanteidan*
  101. Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
  102. King Hill 64: Extreme Snowboarding
  103. Knife Edge: Nose Gunner
  104. Last Legion UX*
  105. Legend of Zelda, The: Majora's Mask
  106. Legend of Zelda, The: Ocarina of Time
  107. Lode Runner 3-D
  108. Magical Tetris Challenge
  109. Mahjong 64*
  110. Mahjong Horoki Classic*
  111. Mahjong Master*
  112. Mario Golf
  113. Mario Kart 64
  114. Mario no Photopi*
  115. Mario Party
  116. Mario Party 2
  117. Mario Party 3
  118. Mario's Story (Paper Mario)
  119. Mario Tennis
  120. Masters '98: Haruka Naru Augusta*
  121. Mickey's Speedway USA
  122. Mischief Makers
  123. Morita Shogi 64*
  124. MRC: Multi-Racing Championship
  125. Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon
  126. NBA In The Zone '98
  127. NBA In The Zone '99
  128. Neon Genesis Evangelion*
  129. New Japan Pro Wrestling
  130. New Japan Pro Wrestling 2
  131. Nintama Rantaro 64 Game Gallery*
  132. Nushi Tsuri 64*
  133. Nushi Tsuri 64: Shiokaze ni Notte*
  134. Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber
  135. Olympic Hockey Nagano '98
  136. Onegai Monster*
  137. Pachinko 365 Nichi*
  138. Parlor! Pro 64: Pachinko Jikki Simulation*
  139. PD Ultraman Battle Collection 64*
  140. Penny Racers
  141. Perfect Dark
  142. Pilotwings 64
  143. Pocket Monsters Stadium*
  144. Pocket Monsters Stadium 2
  145. Pocket Monsters Stadium: Kin Gin
  146. Pocket Monsters Snap
  147. Power League 64*
  148. Pro Mahjong Kiwame 64*
  149. Pro Shinan Mahjong Tsuwamono 64*
  150. Puyo Puyo Sun 64*
  151. Puyo Puyo-n Party*
  152. Rakugakids
  153. Rally '99
  154. Robot Ponkottsu 64: Nanatsu no Umi no Caramel*
  155. Rockman Dash: Hagane no Bokenshin
  156. Saikyo Habu Shogi*
  157. SD Hiyru no Ken Densetsu*
  158. Shiren the Wanderer 2*
  159. SimCity 2000*
  160. Sin and Punishment*
  161. Snowboard Kids
  162. Star Fox 64
  163. Star Soldier: Vanishing Earth
  164. Star Wars Episode I: Racer
  165. Star Wars: Shutsugeki! Rogue Chutai
  166. Star Wars: Teikoku no Kage
  167. Super B-Daman: Battle Phoenix 64*
  168. Super Bowling
  169. Super Mario 64
  170. Super Mario 64: Shindou Edition
  171. Super Robot Spirits*
  172. Super Robot Wars 64*
  173. Susume! Taisen Puzzle Dama: Tokon! Marutama*
  174. Tamagotchi 64: Minna de Tamagotchi World*
  175. Tetris 64*
  176. Top Gear Hyper Bike
  177. Top Gear Overdrive
  178. Top Gear Rally
  179. Top Gear Rally 2
  180. Transformers: Beast Wars Metals 64
  181. Turok: Jiku Senshi
  182. Ucchan Nanchan no Hono no Challenge*
  183. Violence Killer: Turok New Generation
  184. V-Rally Edition '99
  185. Virtual Pro Wrestling 64*
  186. Virtual Pro Wrestling 2: Odo Keisho*
  187. Wave Race 64
  188. Wave Race 64: Shindou Edition
  189. Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey
  190. Wetrix
  191. Winback
  192. Wonder Project J2: Corlo no Mori no Josette*
  193. WWF Wrestlemania 2000
  194. Yakochu II: Satsujin Koro*
  195. Yoshi's Story
  196. Zool: Maju Tsukai Denstsu*

An * indicates that a game is exclusive to Japan.

N64 DD (N64 Disk Drive) Games:

  1. Doshin the Giant
  2. Doshin the Giant: Tinkling Toddler Liberation Front! Assemble!
  3. F-Zero X Expansion Kit
  4. Japan Pro Golf Tour 64
  5. Mario Artist: Communication Kit
  6. Mario Artist: Paint Studio
  7. Mario Artist: Polygon Studio
  8. Mario Artist: Talent Studio
  9. Randnet Disk
  10. SimCity 64

...And that's it! Please note that while I did put together this list, I don't speak Japanese, and as such did not do these translations. If something seems off, please let me know.

Edited by EdgeOfPortal
Fixed alphabetical order, updated list with DD games and exclusives.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Great list! I am slowly collecting jpn 64 exclusives, would love to have that side covered. Been distracted by other shiny things though. 

Edit: also what about 64dd games? Would that merit a separate thread or would a sublist here be appropriate?

Edited by drxandy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Member · Posted

Very nice.  I'm considering going for the complete N64 list and considering how short it is, I've considered collecting some Japanese stuff, coz why not.  Anyway, you mind putting an asterisk by the ones that are exclusives?  I know this info is readily available, but it's nice to have it with any given regional list.  Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, drxandy said:

Great list! I am slowly collecting jpn 64 exclusives, would love to have that side covered. Been distracted by other shiny things though. 

Edit: also what about 64dd games? Would that merit a separate thread or would a sublist here be appropriate?

I can add 64DD games, no problem.

 

3 hours ago, RH said:

Very nice.  I'm considering going for the complete N64 list and considering how short it is, I've considered collecting some Japanese stuff, coz why not.  Anyway, you mind putting an asterisk by the ones that are exclusives?  I know this info is readily available, but it's nice to have it with any given regional list.  Thanks.

Yeah I can try to do that.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, drxandy said:

Great list! I am slowly collecting jpn 64 exclusives, would love to have that side covered. Been distracted by other shiny things though. 

Edit: also what about 64dd games? Would that merit a separate thread or would a sublist here be appropriate?

 

8 hours ago, RH said:

Very nice.  I'm considering going for the complete N64 list and considering how short it is, I've considered collecting some Japanese stuff, coz why not.  Anyway, you mind putting an asterisk by the ones that are exclusives?  I know this info is readily available, but it's nice to have it with any given regional list.  Thanks.

Incoming Update!

Titles exclusive to Japan have now been marked with an asterisk, and a small list of Nintendo 64DD titles (10 Total) are both added to the list. Next update will include consoles, controllers, and accessories released in Japan.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm currently collecting Japanese N64 games myself, here in Taiwan they are cheap and plentiful!

Right now I'm targeting the exclusives, I've got 29 to go. After that I may go for the fullset, who knows!

IMG20200128213543.thumb.jpg.c7f5bf32f4bd2fbc5350d3dcdf8fded9.jpg

One thing I noticed about your list, you seem to be missing one of the Bombermans? There are 4 bomberman games on Japanese N64, I count 3 on your list.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, OptOut said:

I'm currently collecting Japanese N64 games myself, here in Taiwan they are cheap and plentiful!

Right now I'm targeting the exclusives, I've got 29 to go. After that I may go for the fullset, who knows!

IMG20200128213543.thumb.jpg.c7f5bf32f4bd2fbc5350d3dcdf8fded9.jpg

One thing I noticed about your list, you seem to be missing one of the Bombermans? There are 4 bomberman games on Japanese N64, I count 3 on your list.

Excellent collection! Which bomberman am I missing? I’ll add it. After I get somewhat far into the Sega Game Gear US CIB set, I’m going to start JP N64 CIB as well, so I had this list prepared.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks matey!

Yeah, so it's a little confusing, but the four Bomberman games are:

Baku Bomberman

Baku Bomberman 2

Bomberman Hero

Bomberman 64

In the west the game we know as Bomberman 64 is known as Baku Bomberman in Japan. The Japanese bomberman 64 is an entirely different game, exclusive to Japan.

IMG20200312101919.thumb.jpg.29193ec6feadd27c9a97173908fb348a.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Hey it might be worth while for those who have these games if they can mark down what cart codes they are. I used to use the Nintendo Age Database when i was in Japan to find the games, and used the codes to identify them. Maybe something to work towards getting put on here for these older games ( Famciom / Super Famicom / N64 etc )

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...
Member · Posted

Hey guys, I expanded a little on this list to include the special edition version and revisions.

This original list seems to be missing two titles. @OptOut seems to think a Bomberman is missing which I agree with and it also looks to be missing the first Choro Q 64.

There were 196 titles released for the Japanese N64, this list says 196 but includes the special editions of Super Mario 64 & Wave Race. I'd say those two are more an alternative version because they add nothing besides rumble support and some small updates/changes.

Also, I prefer to put Romaji titles and Japanese titles because it makes more sense to me than the English names. It also makes it easier when searching places like Yahoo Auctions. Here is the spreadsheet if anyone needs to reference it: 

https://1drv.ms/x/s!AuabcT4IPPhchXqENqlq4Z0qlhzN?e=4eBc35

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 6 months later...

nice list!

I found counting regional variants/slight changes in games as constituting a different exclusive game needed to ‘complete’ a collection is a seriously slippery slope. 
 

mario/wave race vs. their Japanese rumble pack editions 

HSV Adventure Racing Vs Beetle Adventure Racing

Mia Hamm vs. Michael Owens

Japan has three Pokémon stadium games- the first one was essentially an earlier version of the first game with less  Pokémon. If you wanted one of each n64 ever released from all regions do you need three Pokémon stadium games or just two and count the earliest version from Japan as an early version of the second? 

There is also a driving game (I can’t remember which one it was) that was released later in Japan but contained added content (track/weather conditions) to the other regions.


 

 

Edited by Cyan_phoenix
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Member · Posted
46 minutes ago, Cyan_phoenix said:

nice list!

I found counting regional variants/slight changes in games as constituting a different exclusive game needed to ‘complete’ a collection is a seriously slippery slope. 
 

mario/wave race vs. their Japanese rumble pack editions 

HSV Adventure Racing Vs Beetle Adventure Racing

Mia Hamm vs. Michael Owens

Japan has three Pokémon stadium games- the first one was essentially an earlier version of the first game with less  Pokémon. If you wanted one of each n64 ever released from all regions do you need three Pokémon stadium games or just two and count the earliest version from Japan as an early version of the second? 

There is also a driving game (I can’t remember which one it was) that was released later in Japan but contained added content (track/weather conditions) to the other regions.


 

 

If you are counting different versions of Mia Hamm / World League Soccer then you can't leave out the German RTL version and the French Telefoot Soccer2000! 😉 

IMG20210429221922_compress87.jpg.f57e367ec8cc3fe686d244d109fbda6b.jpg

Also, yes, the first Pokemon Stadium in Japan is VERY different from the second game, it absolutely counts as a separate release! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m missing the Telefoot one! 

I know the Mia Hamm vs. Michael Owens difference, but how do the other two differ? (Is it just the language and the screen options?). I’m curious! 

at one point I was trying to buy all of the different fifa games from different regions because the cover shows a different soccer player depending on the regions player popularity, which is pretty cool. I think I ended up with about 4 before I stopped as trying to get each version internationally was getting expensive 😆

I have to admit, I’m a bit lazy with going through some games I purchased years back (especially sports games). Although I could always have just checked how the German version of RTL and the first JPN Pokémon Stadium differ to other regions, I end up just going with what I reas about the difference online😅. I’ll go with your word and count all three Pokémon stadium games as being seperate releases!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Member · Posted
10 hours ago, Cyan_phoenix said:

I’m missing the Telefoot one! 

I know the Mia Hamm vs. Michael Owens difference, but how do the other two differ? (Is it just the language and the screen options?). I’m curious! 

at one point I was trying to buy all of the different fifa games from different regions because the cover shows a different soccer player depending on the regions player popularity, which is pretty cool. I think I ended up with about 4 before I stopped as trying to get each version internationally was getting expensive 😆

I have to admit, I’m a bit lazy with going through some games I purchased years back (especially sports games). Although I could always have just checked how the German version of RTL and the first JPN Pokémon Stadium differ to other regions, I end up just going with what I reas about the difference online😅. I’ll go with your word and count all three Pokémon stadium games as being seperate releases!

With Telefoot and RTL they both have different title screens, and boot-up in their respective languages. I think other than that they are the same as Michael Owen WLS. I figure the title screen difference makes them SLIGHTLY more significant than other regional differences on the N64, such as Yannick Noah All-star Tennis 99, which is just a label difference.

As for Pokemon Stadium 1 JPN, well it's MASSIVELY trimmed compared to the second game, it's not just fewer pokemon. There are only two game modes, as opposed to the dozens of different modes in the second, no mini games or anything like that, and the whole menu system is super stripped back, it's a real bare-bones experience!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, OptOut said:

With Telefoot and RTL they both have different title screens, and boot-up in their respective languages. I think other than that they are the same as Michael Owen WLS. I figure the title screen difference makes them SLIGHTLY more significant than other regional differences on the N64, such as Yannick Noah All-star Tennis 99, which is just a label difference.

As for Pokemon Stadium 1 JPN, well it's MASSIVELY trimmed compared to the second game, it's not just fewer pokemon. There are only two game modes, as opposed to the dozens of different modes in the second, no mini games or anything like that, and the whole menu system is super stripped back, it's a real bare-bones experience!

Just wondering with the first Pokémon stadium, even though it is a stripped down version, is there actually different content? If the second one contains everything the first one did but with more stuff, then it could be considered almost like an upgrade. If they have different content then some might view it as a different game (where you’d have to have both to have a “complete collection”). 
 

Thanks for the information about Telefoot. I had always wondered about what that version was like 🙂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Member · Posted
1 minute ago, Cyan_phoenix said:

Just wondering with the first Pokémon stadium, even though it is a stripped down version, is there actually different content? If the second one contains everything the first one did but with more stuff, then it could be considered almost like an upgrade. If they have different content then some might view it as a different game (where you’d have to have both to have a “complete collection”). 
 

Thanks for the information about Telefoot. I had always wondered about what that version was like 🙂

The tournament mode where you work your way through a series of battles with other trainers and gym Leaders is different, and I believe there are different movesets for the rental Pokemon as well. You're definitely not missing much by NOT playing the original Pocket Monsters Stadium, but it's definitely its own thing.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...