IGNORED

Brigandine

Tabonga

If you like rpgs, strategy games or SRPGs this is well worth looking at.   You can play as any one of six countries and each has their own set of knights (who act as leaders of a small group of summononed creatures who develop as they gain experience.   When you go into battle you can select up to three knights and their group of creatures to do battle with the enemy - who is similarly deployed.  The AI is pretty weak - something most strategy games suffer from - but the game offers a lot of possiblities to create your own challenges (by limiting what creatures you use or how you get them).   You also have a lot of freedom in how you conquer the continent.

If you have played this - who is your favorite ruler/country"  I like Dryst/Iscalio and the wacky cast of knights there.  I am also a big fan of Dryst's bahamut and gigas (who with any luck can become a very powerful loki) that he begins with in his army.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’ve had this one a while but couldn’t get into it.  I’m assuming that’s because I didn’t really take the time to learn the battle system...or really read any of the dialogue lol. I know these strategy games can take some figuring out before you get the hang of things.  One of my favorite SNES games is PTO 2 and I know there’s quite the learning curve there.

Brigandine is a lot simpler than the KOEI strategy games (it is a bit more complicated than Gemfire - which is the simplest of the KOEi strategy games).  The dialogue is (for the most part) non essential to the game - but some of it is damn funny.  The only thing to really learn is the capabilities of the knights (which have classes - some of which you can choose as you develop them) and how the various summoned creatures will promote.   

Nectaris in my other thread is even simpler in terms of the mechanics - but it is more difficult to win since you have really co-ordinate your units and take advantage of the unique abilities that some of them have.

On 2/25/2020 at 6:10 PM, Hammerfestus said:

I picked up Nectaris some years back on one kick of mine or another; I’ve never tried  it though.  Interesting to hear that It was based on turbo grafx.  I had no idea.  Pretty cool.  

If you give Nectaris a go the first few scenarios are very simple - kinda  tutorials that slowly introduce new units.  Once you get past those the battles get a lot more challenging.

Edited by Tabonga