IGNORED

Ploid

a3quit4s

• 2 weeks later...

People really need to work on their nesmaker HUD:s. Nothing says "unfinished" more than those hud corner graphics. I would put it more mildly otherwise, but this game says it is finished.. that comes through to me as not caring enough, which would be fine with hobbyism. but once you go kickstarter, you go commercial. Then i expect effort to match the backing.

Edited by FrankenGraphics
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, FrankenGraphics said:

People really need to work on their nesmaker HUD:s. Nothing says "unfinished" more than those hud corner graphics. I would put it more mildly otherwise, but this game says it is finished.. that comes through to me as not caring enough, which would be fine with hobbyism. but once you go kickstarter, you go commercial. Then i expect effort to match the backing.

Details like this is why I mostly buy the digital copy only now.

• Like 1

I mean, it's evident that they've put many hours of enthusiastic work into both the game and the campaign, and i wish them best of luck. My initial response came a bit harsh. It just makes me a bit wary on a strictly personal level, in the role of a KS backer, when i see remains of tutorial assets and approaches left in something that's called finished. I've spent 6 months with NM 4.1 and while it's no longer the latest version, i know there are display bugs that hopefully been taken care of by the creators, but without a recent demo it's hard to feel reassured. 

With flea, another KS entry made with NM, there is an (old) demo. Though old, It gives a better idea of what i'm backing. And despite several of the packed-in HUD and display bugs being present, i think the game is fun enough to support. And hopefully the creator will squash them but in this case, I just like having facts up front. 

Lots of words, but that probably explains how i feel a bit better. 

Edited by FrankenGraphics
  • Like 3

When I do a game project, I like my game to be unique so that it is set apart from other games and "stock" resources. Some might see these tutorial assets as "lazy" game development others just don't care.

But if it really bugs you, then why not e-mail the developers and tell them to change it before the release. If they really care about their project and kickstarter then they will change it.