IGNORED

An Early XBox Build of Starcraft: Ghost Was Leaked Onto the Internet

Teh_Lurv

This is a game I never thought would see the light of day in a playable form. I remember back in the early-2000s when Blizzard could do no wrong there was quite a bit of hype for this game. Looking at the early build footage, it looks decent but not unlike other 3rd person stealth/action games of that time. I suppose that's why Blizzard canned it, it wasn't going to be a surefire home-run success like most of their games were up to that point.

Here’s something I didn’t expect to see today: New gameplay footage of StarCraft Ghost. The third-person shooter had a rocky and well-known development history before being officially canceled by Blizzard, something confirmed back in 2014. Now an early Xbox build seems to have leaked out and popped up online.

https://kotaku.com/it-seems-an-playable-xbox-build-of-starcraft-ghost-has-1841731450

From the article and Twitter chat, the early build is crash-prone and the available playable missions are incomplete. There are a couple of Youtube videos of recorded play-throughs using Xbox or 360 dev kits:

Edited by Teh_Lurv

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic