IGNORED

Project Lunar: Adding more games to the Genesis Mini

fox

I did this and added a few games but I just decided to do the real thing and get an analogue and real cib games.  So I'm not much help.  One of my favorites I added was Buck Rogers and it doesn't even work.  So I'd probably have to add more cores or something.  Some great games that aren't on it yet (alphabetical)

Crusader of Centy

Hit the Ice

Judge Dredd

Mega Turrican

Micheal Jackson Moonwalker

Monster World IV (there is an eng trans)

Ms. Pac Man

Phantasy Star II and III

Pier Solar

Shadow Dancer

Shadowrun

Shining Force II and Shining in the Darkness

Streets of Rage 3

The Revenge of Shinobi

Time Killers

Turrican

Those are most what I added minus obscure RPGs if you don't like RPGs like Socerer's Kingdom and Star Oddysey.

So bump to add a question.

Some of my roms won't load.  I know they are working elsewhere.  like Buck Rogers and Legend of Wukong.  I know on SNES Classic there is a way to add more compatibility.  On project Lunar there is an option to add more retroarch cores.  What I want to do is add more compatibility but I don't want to have to enter into the retroarch section of the main menu.  What is the proper way to do that?  See in the SNES the main menu stays the same.  On Genesis Mini you can go into a completely different retroarch section so I'm worried retroarch cores will force mt to not use that spiffy default menu with box arts.

Hakchi2 is coming with their own version of the Sega Mini loader/unloader/updater too which should copy the way the Nintendo systems do their things whenever it's complete and arrives.

I'm tempted to see how it works out and use their tool.  I dislike how the setup of Project Lunar works and being forced to deal with retroarch which I have no love for at all between the whiny project lead and more so how it was a complete bitch about my neo geo roms (valid, I own the hardware) ghosting my stuff among other nitpicks.

• Thanks 1

I don't know if we're allowed to talk about it here, but where do you recommend getting roms? What's a good site? If we're not allowed to talk about it here, could someone send me a PM? Thanks

Is the vault a good resource for roms? I'm modding a nes classic and snes classic.

Edited by Donut

i mean you simply just google the name of a genesis game with rom at the end and the first few recommended sites are usually big rom sites.  I was able to get even obscure games like the english version of Star Odyssey that way.  Just don't download anything that isn't a zip file.  No .exe or .bat you know those are immediate virus.

14 hours ago, ErickRPG said:

So bump to add a question.

Some of my roms won't load.  I know they are working elsewhere.  like Buck Rogers and Legend of Wukong.  I know on SNES Classic there is a way to add more compatibility.  On project Lunar there is an option to add more retroarch cores.  What I want to do is add more compatibility but I don't want to have to enter into the retroarch section of the main menu.  What is the proper way to do that?  See in the SNES the main menu stays the same.  On Genesis Mini you can go into a completely different retroarch section so I'm worried retroarch cores will force mt to not use that spiffy default menu with box arts.

Not sure what’s up with Buck.  Unliscened and import stuff is hit or miss too.  Try a different revision or force NTSC?

A future update is going to to allow you to choose if you if you want to launch games with the M2 emulator or Retroarch from the stock UI, so that should fix issues with a few of the titles and let you add games from other systems.

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

It didn't on the NES/SNES, that's a shame, guess if they force using it and it's not an option I'll have NOTHING to do with it.  That bloated frontend can slag off, can't stand it.

NES/SNES used Canoe for those titles and retroarch cores for the other systems

Pretty sure hakchi2 just turns the genesis mini into a retroach machine, doesn't use the M2 emulator or stock UI, that's why Lunar is preferred.  My buddy is messing with Emulation Station, still uses retroarch but has a more friendly UI for multi-systems, so that is another path to take.   He is going hog with a usb drive and Sega CD, 32x, Master System, and Game Gear stuff.

Yeah I'm aware of Canoe.

Basically the short of it was, I don't want to use or unless required even install retroarch.  So if the Sega Mini can use its own emulator and its own menu system 100% on its own without loading that extra lay of bloat and annoyance, that would be the choice I'd pick doing the update.  I don't really care to throw even more systems at it, I don't have the time or the care enough to bother.  If I needed Sega anything, I'd just use Steve Snakes PC emulator or something for the rest.  I'd just want to add like maybe 10 extra games to the Sega to round out what I'd care to use and that's likely it.  It's missing a few titles like the other Streets of Rages, Sonic mainline(3 and S&K), Rocket Knight+Sparkster, Star Control, TMNT(I know it's glitched), Dune 2, and perhaps like Ristar.  What else is there now is more than enough unless for me personally I'm totally forgetting something.