Jump to content
IGNORED

How does combined shipping work on Ebay?


Alder
 Share

Recommended Posts

So I've read online that combined shipping works by requesting a total from the seller after winning multiple auctions. I've also read that for BIN listings, it may depend on certain settings that the seller can set?

There's a seller with some BIN listings that I'm interested in. If I add them all to my cart, the shipping amount is the sum of each shipping cost. The only button is "confirm and pay" ... I asked the seller and he said that he would send a new combined shipping invoice, but I assume clicking "confirm and pay" would mean I'm immediately paying for the price I see on the checkout page. Is that not the case?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

if a seller doesnt have auto combined shipping you can add to cart then request invoice. Its not available all the time. Very unreliable. Ebays tech is so far behind and glitchy. They cut corners on site maintenence and upkeep and it shows. This is what i have to tell all international buyers. Add to cart the request invoice. If its not there then I cant do anything.

 

Ive said for years I wish ebay just had a way for a seller to send a custom invoice to a buyer . It seems so simple. There has to be a reason they dont do it. 

Probably because it would affect their global shipping program on international orders or some dumb shit like that where they wont make as much.

 

Typically combined shipping sellers will have the rules programmed in to automatically do it for you.

Edited by Quest4Nes
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Alder said:

So I've read online that combined shipping works by requesting a total from the seller after winning multiple auctions. I've also read that for BIN listings, it may depend on certain settings that the seller can set?

There's a seller with some BIN listings that I'm interested in. If I add them all to my cart, the shipping amount is the sum of each shipping cost. The only button is "confirm and pay" ... I asked the seller and he said that he would send a new combined shipping invoice, but I assume clicking "confirm and pay" would mean I'm immediately paying for the price I see on the checkout page. Is that not the casewha?

When you put two (or more) BIN items in your cart from the same seller there will be a link that says request total.

The catch is that once you click on that you are committed to buy.

What I do is ask the seller ahead of time  what the combined shipping will be.  If I am happy with the answer I will then put them in my cart and send request total.  At which point the seller will provide an adjusted invoice and you pay from that.

 

Edited by Wandering Tellurian
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Wandering Tellurian said:

When you put two (or more) BIN items in your cart from the same seller there will be a link that says request total.

The catch is that once you click on that you are committed to buy.

What I do is ask the seller ahead of time  what the combined shipping will be.  If I am happy with the answer I will then put them in my cart and send request total.  At which point the seller will provide an adjusted invoice and you pay from that.

 

And to be clear, this is not an option on the Android app or mobile website. You need to go to the desktop website to do this. eBay is terrible.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, DoctorEncore said:

And to be clear, this is not an option on the Android app or mobile website. You need to go to the desktop website to do this. eBay is terrible.

I didn't know that since all I have is a chromebook.  Thanks! (Well I knew ebay was terrible.......)

Edited by Wandering Tellurian
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/23/2019 at 9:18 AM, MuNKeY said:

There "should" be an option once you add all you want from one sell to request an invoice, and generally within 24hrs or so you get it back with the new total then pay, done this many a time with imports from yama to beat out that $12+ shipping fee 

Huh, so if you add items to cart then go to checkout and don't see a "request an invoice" button, that means you're out of luck?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Alder said:

Huh, so if you add items to cart then go to checkout and don't see a "request an invoice" button, that means you're out of luck?

Some sellers don't allow it. And again, you can't be on the Android app or mobile website (not sure about iOS app). You have to be on the desktop site to see the request invoice option in your cart.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/29/2019 at 12:17 AM, DoctorEncore said:

Some sellers don't allow it. And again, you can't be on the Android app or mobile website (not sure about iOS app). You have to be on the desktop site to see the request invoice option in your cart.

I wonder if it's an option that is disabled by default, meaning sellers have to find the option to enable it? The seller claimed to offer combined shipping (though there was a language barrier) but I didn't have the option at checkout.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Alder said:

I wonder if it's an option that is disabled by default, meaning sellers have to find the option to enable it? The seller claimed to offer combined shipping (though there was a language barrier) but I didn't have the option at checkout.

When I've tried with users who don't offer combined shipping, I can still click the "Request total" link. However it won't let you do anything after that.

If the seller already offers free shipping, the link won't be clickable, but there is a small bubble pop-up if you click the icon. See below.

Screenshot_20191231-123940~2.jpg

Screenshot_20191231-123302.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...