IGNORED

Wilderness Wonders - Mutants, Monsters, Mysteries, and More

Makar

Have you ever encountered a mutant creature? Maybe a 2 headed snake or 2 headed turtle? Maybe an albino squirrel? Maybe you caught a monstrously large fish. Maybe you saw a crazy animal fight between 2 animals. Maybe you saw something that has you baffled. Maybe you simply witnessed something cool. 

Whatever your wilderness wonder is - post it here. 

I’ll start. You may have heard about 4 leaf clovers. Have you ever found one? Well what about a 5 leaf clover? Well ladies and gents - they do indeed exist. The far right clover has 5 leaves if you look in the middle of it for the 5th leaf. 

A8B9D0F0-4ED0-492B-8965-7F47D8D78E64.jpeg.d2e2e9a73b910ab643fb0e1562cfcc06.jpeg

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted

One of my cats, Cid (Cid Emmanuel Licious), is polydactyl. That's something I'd not personally seen prior to him arriving at our home actually; I didn't even notice while we were at the shelter.

It's hard to get photos of his paws cuz he's a bit shy with 'em.

1 minute ago, Gloves said:

One of my cats, Cid (Cid Emmanuel Licious), is polydactyl. That's something I'd not personally seen prior to him arriving at our home actually; I didn't even notice while we were at the shelter.

It's hard to get photos of his paws cuz he's a bit shy with 'em.

Had to look up what that was. That’s pretty cool (as long as the extra digits aren’t hurting the cat). 

Administrator · Posted
21 minutes ago, Makar said:

Had to look up what that was. That’s pretty cool (as long as the extra digits aren’t hurting the cat). 

Yeah he's fine. They don't bother him at all.

• Like 1

One of my roommates in college had a cat with that - never seemed to cause a problem for her.

Anne Boleyn (second wife of King Henry VIII - who had a somewhat truncated life (as it were)) was rumored to have six fingers on her right hand - no concrete evidence has ever been found so it likely was just a rumor promulgated by her detractors.

I used to find 5-leaf clovers on occasion when I was a kid.  I remember getting pretty excited about it.  And I had a friend once who had a cat, an orange tabby that was polydactyl.  It had "thumbs" on both sides of its front paws. The joke was he could just grab ahold of insects and shove them into his mouth when they flew past..

• Like 1