IGNORED

Pikachu Guitar

Graphics Team · Posted

Shoot - this thing is cool. 

I may not like the Pikachu Nintendo 64 console, but something about this guitar is just the perfect blend of goofy and awesome.

@fcgamer - you're a guitarist, right? Do novelty guitars like this actually have potential to be good instruments, or are they generally just fun to look at?

[T-Pac]

1 hour ago, T-Pac said:

Shoot - this thing is cool. 

I may not like the Pikachu Nintendo 64 console, but something about this guitar is just the perfect blend of goofy and awesome.

@fcgamer - you're a guitarist, right? Do novelty guitars like this actually have potential to be good instruments, or are they generally just fun to look at?

[T-Pac]

With the right guitarist, you can make any guitar sound good.  However, having a nice amp, effects board and the knowledge of how to use them can go a long way too. Oh, and as a last resort, update the pick-ups and you can make any guitar sing.

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, RH said:

With the right guitarist, you can make any guitar sound good.  However, having a nice amp, effects board and the knowledge of how to use them can go a long way too. Oh, and as a last resort, update the pick-ups and you can make any guitar sing.

https://youtu.be/IGxOaCPGNEM?feature=shared

• Like 1
  • Wow! 1
  • Haha 1

@T-Pac basically what @RH said is correct. For reference, I currently busk and do gigs with an acoustic guitar that cost me $150, made in China, and it's a decade old. Even worse, there's a hole in it covered up by a monster energy drink sticker due to some drunken shenanigans after a performance once. My bandmate is playing on a $2500 violin, and he hates it when I point out the reality of my guitar. To top it off, I'm not even a great guitarist, rather Ive just been playing for twenty years so I can fake it a bit.

I've seen truly talented guitarists make a crappy or cheap guitar shine; similarly, I've had the opportunity of playing on some expensive 2K+ guitars that some professional musicians friends of mine have. Such guitars do sound better, but they are much, much easier to play as well, due to better craftsmanship. Think about it comparing a Nintendo first party controller to a cheap, stiff Chinese one. On the latter you could still get incredibly skilled playing a game, but there's a disadvantage initially. If you're truly an expert at the game though, you'll adjust in no time and still perform at a high level.