IGNORED

Glass and porcelain figurines valuation

My wife's grandma passed away and had hundreds of glass and porcelain figurines. Does anyone know anything about valuations on these kinds of things?

Or, best way to sell them for a decently fair price? I have no idea where to start, and her grandpa wants me to help him sell them off.

There's a lot more than pictured,  but that's an idea of what I'm working with.

Thanks in advance.

20240331_155036.jpg

Edited by 3rdStrongestMole

4 minutes ago, 3rdStrongestMole said:

My wife's grandma passed away and had hundreds of glass and porcelain figurines. Does anyone know anything about valuations on these kinds of things?

Or, best way to sell them for a decently fair price? I have no idea where to start, and her grandpa wants me to help him sell them off.

There's a lot more than pictured,  but that's an idea of what I'm working with.

Thanks in advance.

20240331_155036.jpg

Hey, sorry for your loss.

I don't know how much these figurines go for, but I always see a ton of them at local auction houses. Maybe look around and see what kind of a cut they take and go from there.

Edited by Mega Tank
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mega Tank said:

Hey, sorry for your loss.

I don't know how much these figurines go for, but I always see a ton of them at local auction houses. Maybe look around and see what kind of a cut they take and go from there.

Good idea. That may be our best bet. There's just so much of it, and he doesn't mind just going lump sale for everything to clear out the house. 

And it will hopefully save us a lot of time wrapping up glass in paper and bubble wrap for shipping.

If there any antique/collectible auction houses in your area you might contact them about putting it up for auction  - if they show interest it would be worth at least talking to them to get info - you don't have to go through them to sell it but it might be the easiest way to move them along.  

• Thanks 1

I recognize the Blue Willow platter pattern in the top left corner. My girlfriend collects this specific pattern and I've been tracking down unique pieces as I can. Depending on the maker, a 13" platter is worth in the $30-40 range. Churchill and Johnson Bros are the most common, with a few others that manufacture the pattern like Buffalo  China, etc. Green and red pink willow also exists and are a bit more uncommon. I don't know much about the other patterns, but you should be able to use Google lens to help identify them, then you can cross reference ebay or the like depending on the manufacturer stamped on the bottom to help price them.

I hope this helps and good luck!

That being said, if there are any unique willow pieces in the collection I may be interested in purchasing or working out a trade.