IGNORED

Top Five Favorite Collection Items: In Pictures!

DarkKobold

2 hours ago, RpgCollector said:

How about 5 unique items. 
Ben Heck portable Atari 2600
Ben Heck portable NES
Big Box GBA - Racing 4 Pak
Big Box GBA - Nickelodeon 4 Pak
Original Wisdom Tree Plug N Play 

image.jpg

Nice! I don't think I ever saw the box before for the Bible Time Voyager.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/24/2024 at 8:09 PM, DarkKobold said:

Show me your top five favorite items in your collection. It doesn't need to be your most valuable, just the things you treasure most deeply. As an added challenge, make sure to put all five in the same single photo! 

It's always fun to show off, and maybe you posted it so long ago, so it doesn't fit in a pick-up thread. This is meant to be nothing more than fun, so don't take it too serious. I'm not good at counting, so if you post six or seven favorites, I won't be able to count that high 😉 

I'm going to count my Super A'Can collection as pretty high up there. I bought some of it from a seller in England, and was one of the other bidders in the auction you got your copy of Rebel from. If I had known it would have gone that high, I would have bid even higher... 🙂 Seriously though congrats on winning that one. I completed the collection otherwise with what I won in that auction and have a spare copy of Formosa Duel sitting around as a loose cart that could always be turned into a repro since it has the proper security chip on the cart already and I've seen some info on how the carts work before. I would have to burn through a few million before I would be willing to sell this.

There's also my Pioneer Laseractive with ALL the modules. PCE, Megadrive, and even the Karaoke. Nevermind the telenovela in the pic. I'm out of state selling off my late family's stuff this week and can't go to my gaming house to take fresher pictures. Yes, I have multiple homes.

I don't have a fresh pic of my Turbo R setup handy but that one is special to me too. Got that hooked up to an old Amiga monitor right now that can handle both NTSC and PAL signals at 60Hz or 50Hz, with a TRH9000 and a MegaFlashRom SCC+ SD. I was obsessed with MSXes back in the day and this was the pinnacle of it. Everyone in that community always wanted one of those. I'll add pics when I get back into town sometime next week.

Besides those grails I have a special affection for my Tower of Power setup as NONE of it is secondhand. I bought the Genesis with my allowance when I was 12, and the Sega CD 2 and the 32X as they were released. Got a great deal on the 32X, because it was going nowhere, but it was worth it to play Virtua Fighter at home. I'll edit with pics of this too later.

While in town on this trip, I actually stumbled across a CD copy of Knights of Xentar. Couldn't pass that up as I played that growing up when I probably shouldn't have been playing such things! I used to see it all the time on the shelves at the mall but never dared to try to buy it.

IMG_2150.JPG

IMG_2151.jpg

IMG_2138.jpg

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, EchoesFox said:

I'm going to count my Super A'Can collection as pretty high up there. I bought some of it from a seller in England, and was one of the other bidders in the auction you got your copy of Rebel from. If I had known it would have gone that high, I would have bid even higher... 🙂 Seriously though congrats on winning that one. I completed the collection otherwise with what I won in that auction and have a spare copy of Formosa Duel sitting around as a loose cart that could always be turned into a repro since it has the proper security chip on the cart already and I've seen some info on how the carts work before. I would have to burn through a few million before I would be willing to sell this.

There's also my Pioneer Laseractive with ALL the modules. PCE, Megadrive, and even the Karaoke. Nevermind the telenovela in the pic. I'm out of state selling off my late family's stuff this week and can't go to my gaming house to take fresher pictures. Yes, I have multiple homes.

I don't have a fresh pic of my Turbo R setup handy but that one is special to me too. Got that hooked up to an old Amiga monitor right now that can handle both NTSC and PAL signals at 60Hz or 50Hz, with a TRH9000 and a MegaFlashRom SCC+ SD. I was obsessed with MSXes back in the day and this was the pinnacle of it. Everyone in that community always wanted one of those. I'll add pics when I get back into town sometime next week.

Besides those grails I have a special affection for my Tower of Power setup as NONE of it is secondhand. I bought the Genesis with my allowance when I was 12, and the Sega CD 2 and the 32X as they were released. Got a great deal on the 32X, because it was going nowhere, but it was worth it to play Virtua Fighter at home. I'll edit with pics of this too later.

While in town on this trip, I actually stumbled across a CD copy of Knights of Xentar. Couldn't pass that up as I played that growing up when I probably shouldn't have been playing such things! I used to see it all the time on the shelves at the mall but never dared to try to buy it.

IMG_2150.JPG

IMG_2151.jpg

IMG_2138.jpg

That picture is also a great example of how big the PS5 is, when it goes toe-to-toe with a LaserActive in terms of size you are saying something.

If you ever install/play it, Knights of Xentar also has a "patch diskette" which you could run to change version of the game into an unrated version.  Pretty sure the files are out there on the internet.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, xelement5x said:

That picture is also a great example of how big the PS5 is, when it goes toe-to-toe with a LaserActive in terms of size you are saying something.

If you ever install/play it, Knights of Xentar also has a "patch diskette" which you could run to change version of the game into an unrated version.  Pretty sure the files are out there on the internet.  

The PS5 is definitely a chonky system. Absolutely was worth the price given how many late PS4 discs essentially come with free PS5 version upgrades. At least the LaserActive has the excuse of NEEDING to be that big since LaserDiscs are the same size as a Vinyl LP. The TOP is actually almost as chonky when fully assembled too...

I definitely know about KoX's NR-18 patch. It was notorious for that back in the day and the files are absolutely out there, and I archived them. Probably not allowed to say where it is on here but it's thankfully easy to find. Sadly the voice acting is some of the absolute worst of mid 90's CD-ROM gaming. It makes Working Designs localizations sound top notch. Still a half decent RPG for an eroge.

• Like 1

1. The canvas overworld maps I made for Golden Axe Warrior

1611484641_thumbnail(1)(2).jpg.8a83dce69f254b949210093a4561e097.jpg.d745ac010b4ecbb221c9cc3c92a84062.jpg

2.  The paper maps I made for Dark Wizard - I did a full set

994371342_5CE3054D-D7B0-77A7-10F0277E5E7BAE11(1).jpg.3f63e000fefc809a473d07de35def082.jpg.148759f6d94883960ef5c89755a86942.jpg

1131393165_5CE9BB4E-BF6B-C22A-FD9F699D2CB0D5A6(1).jpg.bb08e1a0eeab1cc4ad2c12ef4a1b4630.jpg.c7f245d991400b935bf36d7c287ea7b2.jpg 

3. A 3d plastic map for Dragon Warrior - 9 pieces with mini-figures

download(8).jpeg.edce3b2d8f264f315d1ae1a7a000a2e0.jpeg

4. All 7 disc art variants for Lunar Silver Star (Sega CD)

download(7).jpeg.6746b19a519ea46c99c679526ab43464.jpeg

5. All 4 disc art variants for Dragon Force (Saturn) - these aren't mine in the video - but I do have original cases for all of mine.

Edited by Tabonga
  • Like 2
  • Wow! 2

11 hours ago, EchoesFox said:

There's also my Pioneer Laseractive with ALL the modules. PCE, Megadrive, and even the Karaoke.  

i have one also - I don't have the karaoke pac (nor the computer pac)     I but do have the Japanese and US NEC and Sega pacs.   i only have few games - the two I really wanted were Murder Club and Blue Chicago Blues.  

I even have the elusive pac port cover with one of my players.  

• Like 2

On 5/14/2024 at 2:53 AM, Tabonga said:

i have one also - I don't have the karaoke pac (nor the computer pac)     I but do have the Japanese and US NEC and Sega pacs.   i only have few games - the two I really wanted were Murder Club and Blue Chicago Blues.  

I even have the elusive pac port cover with one of my players.  

Right now I only have Pyramid Patrol on LaserDisc, need a few others. I wasn’t aware there actually was pac port cover for running it with no pac installed. Pretty cool that they did have something to cover it though. 🙂

1 minute ago, EchoesFox said:

Right now I only have Pyramid Patrol on LaserDisc, need a few others. I wasn’t aware there actually was pac port cover for running it with no pac installed. Pretty cool that they did have something to cover it though. 🙂

You almost never see them - I have four players (all Pioneer - you never see the NEC ones) and only one has that cover (oddly enough that was the player I found in a thrift store)  -  I imagine the idea was to keep   dust  out of the port if not being used. 

Pyramid Patrol was the pack in.  Besides that and the 2 JB Harold releases I think I have I Will the Story of London, The Great Pyramid and Hi Roller Battle.   

• Like 1

Just now, Tyree_Cooper said:

Were those maps used for guides/magazines or just your own fan projects?

Just something I did on my own - I like fantasy maps.  I also made maps for Brigandine PS1 and Warsong (first ones I made - on 5" floppies!)  The golden axe warrior one  is particularly useful when poking about in the game.

Graphics Team · Posted

My "Top 5" Collection Items:

image.png.13f8b9171a859df9769f8d90ff8903e6.png

1 ) My Multi-Cade
Playing classic games with both the aesthetics of an arcade setup and the convenience of emulation is peak enjoyment for me.

2 ) My ROM Dumpers
These things are invaluable, because without them I couldn't preserve or play my collection via emulation anyway (given my personal ethics against downloading pirated ROMs).

3 ) Solomon's Key 2
Not only is this my second-favorite video game of all time - but I think my Scandinavian copy makes for a super interesting collection piece (especially since PAL regions got the best label-art for this game).

4 ) Robocco Wars
This one is a combination of so many things that I love in classic games (my two favorite genres: shoot-em-ups and platformers, my two favorite aesthetics: cute cartoon stuff and space-themed mech stuff, and possibly my favorite format: 8-bit Famicom). So even though it may not even be a "top 10" game for me, it's a perfect representation of my collection as a whole.

5 ) My NES Advantage
The Advantage has plenty of functional issues, but you just can't beat it in terms of style. I always keep in on display in my game-corner.

[T-Pac]