IGNORED

Unicorn Overlord: It’s like a giant fight

fox

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/26/2024 at 9:52 PM, Gloves said:

Meh, looks super generic.

I have been playing it and it really isn't.  It has a lot of depth and you customize your formations by which type of characters you put in each formation.  It is partially real time and each round of combat only lasts 2 rounds - although you pretty much instantly re-enter combat. Normally these are things I don't like - but in this game it is oddly compelling. Lots of characters with different abilities to recruit and tons of weapons/accessories to use.  It does suck up a lot of time though.  If you can get into it it is a lot of fun.

• Thanks 1

Administrator · Posted
3 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

I have been playing it and it really isn't.  It has a lot of depth and you customize your formations by which type of characters you put in each formation.  It is partially real time and each round of combat only lasts 2 rounds - although you pretty much instantly re-enter combat. Normally these are things I don't like - but in this game it is oddly compelling. Lots of characters with different abilities to recruit and tons of weapons/accessories to use.  It does suck up a lot of time though.  If you can get into it it is a lot of fun.

I'm willing to have my mind changed on it, looks obviously can be deceiving. It just reminded me visually of a bunch of PS3/4 era games I wasn't huge on.

42 minutes ago, Gloves said:

I'm willing to have my mind changed on it, looks obviously can be deceiving. It just reminded me visually of a bunch of PS3/4 era games I wasn't huge on.

For me the most important thing is gameplay.  The switch has really opened up a wealth of SRPGs - a genre that has until now been sadly neglected - previous to the switch my favorite era was the PS1 - but the switch games tend to blow those out of the water.  Another one of my faves is Banner of the Maid - no physical release though.  It is kinda like an updated and improved Shining Force II.

Edited by Tabonga
  • Wow! 1

Administrator · Posted
7 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

For me the most important thing is gameplay.  The switch has really opened up a wealth of SRPGs - a genre that has until now been sadly neglected - previous to the switch my favorite era was the PS1 - but the switch games tend to blow those out of the water.  Another one of my faves is Banner of the Maid - no physical release though.  It is kinda like an updated and improved Shining Force II.

The ads:

image.png

The gameplay:

image.png

1 minute ago, Gloves said:

The ads:

image.png

The gameplay:

image.png

The first picture is of Laure - who can become  a powerful sniper if you work with her.

The second picture is a boring cut scene when two units fight.  Fortunately you can shut those off.

• Haha 1

Administrator · Posted
12 minutes ago, Tabonga said:

The first picture is of Laure - who can become  a powerful sniper if you work with her.

The second picture is a boring cut scene when two units fight.  Fortunately you can shut those off.

Thank god I can skip that garby and get back to the booba! xD

• 3 weeks later...