IGNORED

Well I guess all game markets have NOT burst?! Killer Instinct NFR just went for +$1,500!

RH

I’m still in shock over this one.  For most of the time this auction got up to $150ish.  I had a Gixen bid locked in higher than that but hole-E cow, this thing set record.  To my knowledge, I don’t think a single, non-proto cartridge for the Game Boy has gone for this much.  I was not expecting this.

Just like me having a Gixen bid locked in, I’m guessing others did too because the price got up to $255 at about 10 seconds before the end.  It appeared to stay there until the auction ended and then after the final refresh, I saw this.  Makes me wonder if the buyer had immediate remorse because a bid over $1,000 feels like someone wanting to be sure they won, but entering a price no one would offer.

Well, it’s official.  If this is the future trend for this cart, I will NOT be completing my license set with NFRs

IMG_1439.png

• Wow! 1

• 4 months later...

Something I was bidding on as well. 

Bid up to $800 on it, was shocked to see it go for double. Was over confident no one else would pay that much. How wrong was I. xD

It's one that never appears though, so kinda understandable. Might actually be the most rare gameboy game cartridge there is. 

In the end I bought a complete collection of NFR gameboy cartridges to complete the set. The cartridge pretty much worked out at $1500 too, but decided what the hell, rather pay more now than pay more in the future or even perhaps not have the opportunity to ever own it. 

It’ll be interesting to see if it gets paid for or ends up back on eBay for non-payment. I’ve seen people get caught up in bidding or ego bidding and just not pay for items once won. 

edit: oh wow this is 4 months old didn’t even notice lmao

Edited by a3quit4s

22 hours ago, a3quit4s said:

It’ll be interesting to see if it gets paid for or ends up back on eBay for non-payment. I’ve seen people get caught up in bidding or ego bidding and just not pay for items once won. 

edit: oh wow this is 4 months old didn’t even notice lmao

The item had 44 different bidders on it, so it wasn't just between two people.

• Agree 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/27/2024 at 10:37 AM, RH said:

I’m still in shock over this one.  For most of the time this auction got up to $150ish.  I had a Gixen bid locked in higher than that but hole-E cow, this thing set record.  To my knowledge, I don’t think a single, non-proto cartridge for the Game Boy has gone for this much.  I was not expecting this.

Just like me having a Gixen bid locked in, I’m guessing others did too because the price got up to $255 at about 10 seconds before the end.  It appeared to stay there until the auction ended and then after the final refresh, I saw this.  Makes me wonder if the buyer had immediate remorse because a bid over $1,000 feels like someone wanting to be sure they won, but entering a price no one would offer.

Well, it’s official.  If this is the future trend for this cart, I will NOT be completing my license set with NFRs

IMG_1439.png

the only higher single cart sale was a Yellow Tetris that went for 1750 and a plain ticket.  🙂

4 hours ago, JVOSS said:

the only higher single cart sale was a Yellow Tetris that went for 1750 and a plain ticket.  🙂

It did?! Was that you? I have an old eBay search saved simply for “yellow Tetris” and I skim the results daily (or really, whenever anything pops up.)

It’s also why I have saved searches for “Playtronic”, but I’ve not seen one yet in at least a couple years.  I’m not paying that much, though, but we will see.

Oh, and… did you buy that KI cart too?!

10 hours ago, RH said:

It did?! Was that you? I have an old eBay search saved simply for “yellow Tetris” and I skim the results daily (or really, whenever anything pops up.)

it was through a privet sale on our Facebook page.  the buyer flew to Brazil to get the cart.  i thought he was crazy but it all work in the end.. luckly

10 hours ago, RH said:

Oh, and… did you buy that KI cart too?!

you got me the last one for 175 after the seller blocked me.  that was like a few years ago.    people are just fucking stupid now days..  that is all i can say fucking stupid..........   and i can 1000% guarantee that it was not paid for.  it was a jack ass market manipulation..  because it's now on that crappie site priceshit.com.  ooops pricechart if not now it will be in a few.

Editorials Team · Posted
7 hours ago, JVOSS said:

you got me the last one for 175 after the seller blocked me.  that was like a few years ago.

That was me lol. I found myself one in decent condition maybe a year later, I paid a couple hundred and felt some decent buyers remorse. I feel better now!

Edit: I helped buy the nfr, I wasn't the guy who blocked you