IGNORED

Point and Click Adventure 'Dead Tomb' is Coming to Nintendo Switch, Xbox & NES!

IBtiM

We are proud to announce Dead Tomb as the next installment in the 8-Bit Legit catalog of #indieNES games, which will include a Final Edition run of 300 physical NES cartridges to celebrate the release!

unnamed.png.eced3a308cabba3e21155072266c25a8.png

Developed by CollectorVision/Acclaim, this point and click throwback mystery adventure will take you back to a nearly forgotten genre of gaming on Nintendo Switch, Xbox and NES.

unnamed.png.c6423237bd08aceda5a3ea57964c38ac.png

Pre-Orders start January 19th!

https://8bitlegit.com/games/dead-tomb/

Thanks for your support!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2024 at 12:15 AM, Dr. Morbis said:

I really dig the box art you've got for this release, but just to be clear, is this the same game that was already released for the NES under the name "Dead Tomb" a couple of years ago?

Thanks for asking.

The game is almost identical but does have a few minor updates.

On 1/13/2024 at 7:28 AM, IBtiM said:

Developed by CollectorVision/Acclaim, 

The game looks interesting, but I'm not sure how exactly it was developed by Acclaim since they've been defunct since 2004. Acclaim is by now just the brand that was acquired, right? Or is this some long lost prototype release?

Collectorvision released this for their bespoke system which is an upgraded re-release of the ColecoVision.  AFAIK, it is the only game released that will NOT work on the original Coleco and requires the upgraded components inside the Phoenix.  I bought it and played it to take advantage of my Phoenix purchase and well . . . it is a below average game.  At least in the state I played it.  I did a short review here:  https://forums.atariage.com/topic/306956-dead-tomb-reservations-phoenix-exclusive/?do=findComment&comment=4746812

Summary

• Graphics 5/5 <- excellent these have the be the best on the Phoenix
  • Sound & Music 5/5 <- superb
  • Core Game Features 2/5 <- it never broke on me, so that's something
  • Story and World 2/5 <- could have been so much more
  • Puzzles and Design 2/5 <- needed more of a challenge
  • Like 1