IGNORED

Doom 64 - The Treasure Trove

I bit, click bait 100% misleading title, but the content is on point.  The game really is fantastic, the real DOOM 3 before we had ehh Doom 3.  Was happy when this thing got re-released just in the last few years.  I do wish they hadn't set the contrast so low it's a real pain to see much in the game without realy cranking things up.

• Love 1

On 1/4/2024 at 12:35 PM, Reed Rothchild said:

Sweet game, but hiding upgrades needed for the final boss in secret levels?  Man, fuck that move 

I can't say I disagree. That's why I'm ALL about that master password! The game really only gets fun after that point. Thank you so much for watching!

On 1/4/2024 at 12:16 PM, Tanooki said:

I bit, click bait 100% misleading title, but the content is on point.  The game really is fantastic, the real DOOM 3 before we had ehh Doom 3.  Was happy when this thing got re-released just in the last few years.  I do wish they hadn't set the contrast so low it's a real pain to see much in the game without realy cranking things up.

I'm so glad you enjoyed it! Yes, YT pretty much demands catchy thumbs that are controversial at this point, and we agreed we're not using our real faces making gaping mouth expressions, etc, LMAO. Thank you so much for watching! 😎

1 hour ago, NostalgicMachine said:

I can't say I disagree. That's why I'm ALL about that master password! The game really only gets fun after that point. Thank you so much for watching!

I beat this one legit as a kid.  I didn't need the master password, but I do recall entering it and having fun after I beat the game.  I also 100% remember having to adjust the brightness to 100% and the contrast was near maxed too.  I get that they wanted it to have a dark atmosphere, but even playing it in my bedroom with the lights off, it was just too dark to see anything in many corridors without brightness adjustments.

• Love 1

5 hours ago, RH said:

I beat this one legit as a kid.  I didn't need the master password, but I do recall entering it and having fun after I beat the game.  I also 100% remember having to adjust the brightness to 100% and the contrast was near maxed too.  I get that they wanted it to have a dark atmosphere, but even playing it in my bedroom with the lights off, it was just too dark to see anything in many corridors without brightness adjustments.

Me and my buddies could never beat this as a group of 8-10 year olds back in '97; the second we got that password, it was a whole new game lmao.

The brightness thing was always an issue, even when editing and trying to brighten it up in post, only so much can be done with that OG N64 version!

The updated versions look beautiful.

On 1/5/2024 at 7:18 PM, NostalgicMachine said:

Me and my buddies could never beat this as a group of 8-10 year olds back in '97; the second we got that password, it was a whole new game lmao.

The brightness thing was always an issue, even when editing and trying to brighten it up in post, only so much can be done with that OG N64 version!

The updated versions look beautiful.

Well there you go.  I was 16 or 17 when I beat this game and it was around my high point of playing games the most hours per day in my life.

I was the “good kid” amongst my siblings and at that point I was on a path to college and getting straight A’s in my AP classes, so my Mom basically let me do whatever I wanted since I had learned how to discipline myself.  I also had insomnia and though that sucked, it did provide a lot more time to play because I’d always stay up to 12:00 or 1:00 playing games, even on week days.

• Love 1

10 hours ago, prototector said:

It's not like the upgrades were absolutely needed to defeat the mother demon. They make the level much easier, sure, but it's completely possible to win without them.

I agree. The newer versions are just better lit and rendered.

5 hours ago, RH said:

Well there you go.  I was 16 or 17 when I beat this game and it was around my high point of playing games the most hours per day in my life.

I was the “good kid” amongst my siblings and at that point I was on a path to college and getting straight A’s in my AP classes, so my Mom basically let me do whatever I wanted since I had learned how to discipline myself.  I also had insomnia and though that sucked, it did provide a lot more time to play because I’d always stay up to 12:00 or 1:00 playing games, even on week days.

Oh, the difference 6 or 7 years make at that age, lol.