IGNORED

NES Completions thread 2024 - 663/677

World Champ is done. I beat it last december, so it was still fresh on my mind. This time around though I came up with a different strategy that made it much faster to beat. Because before I would do a lot of practice matches that take quite some time and only increase one of your stats by 2 points. So it took forever to get my character strong enough to take on the later challenges.

This time, however, I beat the first four fighters of the easiest weight class and then let myself get beaten up by the final and strongest fighter. This reset all the fights, but I kept my stat increases. Because whenever you win a ranking match you get +2 to ALL stats. So this is way faster and easier. Especially since the opponents in the practice matches scale with your character, but the opponent in the ranking matches have fixed stats. So after a short while I could beat every opponent within seconds for some gloriously fast and easy stat gains.

Once my boxer was strong enough, I decided to take on all of the ranking matches which by that point was surprisingly easy. The only somewhat challenging fights were the last few of the heavy weight ranking. But I beat the champ by walking backwards while constantly throwing punches. When he got into my range, he would block my attacks. To still hit him I would alternate between pressing back, down and up while constantly mashing the a button to attack. This unleashed a flurry of different kinds of attacks that would constantly hit him.

World Champ.jpg

• Like 1

Sesame Street Countdown is done.

I can't believe the four Sesame Street games added up to 15 fucking points 😂 I do wish I'd thought to fire these up with my nieces when they were toddlers though, as they're all decently fun for what they are, and I think they would've enjoyed them.

Edited by the_wizard_666