IGNORED

Picture compression is terrible

BlackVega

I just realized after a few months of posting pictures that whenever you upload pictures via the built in functionality the pictures are severely compressed and they look downright DOGSHIT. It loses so many details to the point that sometimes stuff in pictures is just unreadable. Like seriously will this ever be improved?? Just come on pictures should not look this bad and people should be encouraged to upload pictures and they should look good

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, BlackVega said:

I just realized after a few months of posting pictures that whenever you upload pictures via the built in functionality the pictures are severely compressed and they look downright DOGSHIT. It loses so many details to the point that sometimes stuff in pictures is just unreadable. Like seriously will this ever be improved?? Just come on pictures should not look this bad and people should be encouraged to upload pictures and they should look good

There is some compression but it’s not that bad, at least on a desktop.

I think it has special settings for mobile. Maybe the real question is if Gloves can change a setting to not show smaller, compressed files for mobile users.

It is a bandwidth saving feature, and some of us still do have gigabit based cell plans, so it’s a nice feature for people like me but I do know I’ve seen some photos that looked like stretched thumbnails.

Edited by RH

Social Team · Posted
On 11/27/2023 at 5:42 AM, BlackVega said:

It loses so many details to the point that sometimes stuff in pictures is just unreadable. Like seriously will this ever be improved?? 

Stephen Colbert Thinking GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

If you want real good detail you have to post files on another site.  I will second that http://imgur.com is pretty damn good for hosting my bullshit photos that only like 3 people probably open all the way up to see the full resolution.  If you want better detail you could always zoom in on what you want to show and then the crappy compression still is usable.  You know Gloves has to like three new kittens and needs to start a college fund for them.  And of course they are stuck up and want to go to college out of country so it's EXTRA expensive.  VGS don't have the funds for fancy things no more...

Untitled%20design%20(1).png?h=a6c55029&i