IGNORED

Oh no, you're dead! You can take only one game with you into eternity. What is it?

RH

4 minutes ago, Gloves said:

I've always wanted to play this, it looked great when I was a kid, but I have a personal hang up that makes it difficult for me to pick up and play.

What is you hang up?

And I will readily admit, that this game is not easy to get into. I tried to play this with friends in multiplayer, but it required so much knowledge, that playing it with newbies was impossible.

Administrator · Posted
Just now, Gaia Gensouki said:

What is you hang up?

And I will readily admit, that this game is not easy to get into. I tried to play this with friends in multiplayer, but it required so much knowledge, that playing it with newbies was impossible.

It's really nothing to do with the game itself, the game looks right up my alley, and I love the mainline Might and Magic games - LOVE em. Unfortunately my stepfather who let's just say I didn't get along with, used to play the game a lot. I'd watch him play and it looked really fun to me, but I wasn't allowed to play it. I just kind of associate the game with a person I really don't like and it's hard to not have that emotion sour the experience.

• Sad 1

Oh, I'm really sorry to hear that and I didn't want to dig up bad memories. I didn't think that it would be something serious like this. Sorry.

If by any chance your negative associations are only limited to Heroes III, then other games in the franchise would also be great choices. Personally, I also really love Heroes II, almost as much as the third game. Heroes IV is decent, but the balancing is off. Starting with Heroes V, however, they started to move further and further away from the original Might and Magic franchise.

Administrator · Posted
2 minutes ago, Gaia Gensouki said:

Oh, I'm really sorry to hear that and I didn't want to dig up bad memories. I didn't think that it would be something serious like this. Sorry.

If by any chance your negative associations are only limited to Heroes III, then other games in the franchise would also be great choices. Personally, I also really love Heroes II, almost as much as the third game. Heroes IV is decent, but the balancing is off. Starting with Heroes V, however, they started to move further and further away from the original Might and Magic franchise.

No worries, I've made peace with some of my family being dickbags. It helps that I've moved multiple provinces away lol. Just this one game (and a few other pieces of media) are a bit "triggering" if you will. I've been working on moving past that on things, and can do so one at a time, slowly. If anything you may have inspired me to give it a go, maybe I can swap the association to "that dude on VGS said he'd pick this game over any other to play forever". 🙂

• Like 3