IGNORED

Is my Nintendo DS sealed game legit?

splicker

Hi,

Been trying to find someone who can tell me if this New Super Mario Bros. DS game is legit or not? - I searched online but can't find any information. I noticed from google images that some games come with a Red Strip like mine, some come with a Black strip and others have no strip at all.

It has folded corners on the wrap, which I've read is a good sign it's genuine.

Do I have a legit sealed copy here? - And if so, how much do you think its worth.

Thank you.

IMG_0848.jpg

IMG_0847.jpg

IMG_0846.jpg

IMG_0845.jpg

IMG_0844.jpg

IMG_0843.jpg

IMG_0842.jpg

IMG_0841.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Tyree_Cooper said:

I heard tear strips with black NINTENDO text on it are sometimes fake. Forgot where I read it and Google can't seem to help me.

What's that yellow dried mayonnaise stain in the bottom right corner?

Mayonnaise stain? I can't see a stain.

Does anyone know what it may be worth? - I want to sell it because I'm useless at keeping things in good condition, I'll probably end up sitting on it or something. Ebay has a couple of sealed ones for between £500-£600 but I don't know if this is a good price and I don't want to under sell it, if you know what I mean.

Thanks.

22 hours ago, splicker said:

Does anyone know what it may be worth? - I want to sell it because I'm useless at keeping things in good condition, I'll probably end up sitting on it or something. Ebay has a couple of sealed ones for between £500-£600 but I don't know if this is a good price and I don't want to under sell it, if you know what I mean.

Thanks.

Best way to find out what it's worth, if you are planning on selling, is just do an open auction on Ebay. Start the bidding at a pound, and see where it goes!

43 minutes ago, Sumez said:

£500 for New Super Mario Bros? Are you yanking my chain?

Here's one for £18: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/225714037236

EDIT: Ok, it's damaged in the top, and it's not pretty. Not sure if that's a £482 worth of damage though

The one you pointed out is damaged as you say, it also looks like a 2nd revision of the game judging by the UKV-2 on the back of the box. The one I have I believe is a first release (Red ribbon seal) which could be why the ones on ebay going for £500-£600 are such a high price.

I heard on a youtube video that red ribbon seals are first release editions, then they were changed to black ribbon seal for later releases. Still not much information or clear information on it though.

I'll try the auction rout and see what happens.

Thanks for all the help.

On 10/1/2023 at 9:18 PM, splicker said:

Thanks.

There is yellowing at the bottom surface, right corner. If it’s under the seal then that could be a sign it was a re-glue from when a seal had peeled off slightly at the folds. If it’s over the seal then it could be from a previous store sticker or from other sticky items rubbed against it. Either way, that’s a significant downer to the value of a sealed game. 

Overall I think it looks like a legit seal, with a question mark of a possible reseal at the bottom right corner. I don’t really follow market trends of UK DS games but I would say this one is closer to 50-100 GBP than 500-600 GBP. You could put up a BIN/best offer listing and see the offers. 

• 2 months later...