IGNORED

A pirate looks at 40

docile tapeworm

He was huge in Cincinnati, which seems like the most random place given his music. He would do two shows here a year and sell them both out. The term "parrot head" even started here back in the '80s when a member of his band noticed all of the people in the crowd with parrot hats and compared the loyalty of the Cincinnati fans to deadheads, so he called them parrotheads.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Been listening to Jimmy all my life. 

My parents went to an Eagles show in Toronto when they first met and Jimmy Buffett was the opening act. They have loved him, and became Parrot Heads, ever since.

Went to a concert when I was like 4.... and we were in the crowd on the a big grass field, outdoors. It was incredible. 

If you think his only "good songs" are Margaritaville and Cheeseburger in Paradise, or don't know Jimmy's music, you need to listen to the following songs:

*He Went To Paris

*They Don't Dance Like Carmen No More
(A White Sport Coat & a Pink Crustacean)

*Come Monday

(Living and Dying In 3/4 Time)

*Son Of A Son Of A Sailor

*Coast of Marseilles
(Son Of A Son Of A Sailor)

*Incommunicado

*It's My Job

*Growing Older But Not Up

*Island

*Little Miss Magic

("Coconut Telegraph")

*If The Phone Doesn't Ring, It's Me
*Last Mango In Paris

(Last Mango In Paris)

And MANY MANY OTHERS... but that's a start. 💞 RIP JIMMY💞

Social Team · Posted
7 hours ago, Bearcat-Doug said:

He was huge in Cincinnati, which seems like the most random place given his music. He would do two shows here a year and sell them both out. The term "parrot head" even started here back in the '80s when a member of his band noticed all of the people in the crowd with parrot hats and compared the loyalty of the Cincinnati fans to deadheads, so he called them parrotheads.

I've attended one of those events in a very popular way.... I was on a boat getting shit face drunk on the Ohio River next to Riverbend concern (it's on banks of the Ohio River for those who don't know).  I couldn't hear nothing but mumbles because the speakers are not facing the river.  All those boats were just playing Jimmy Buffet songs on their speakers and were just being part of the concert in spirt.  It's weird but having a boat in Cincinnati means people expect you to use that boat for two things.  WEBN fireworks on the Ohio River and Jimmy Buffet concerts.  The former resulted in me swimming the Ohio River to legit do a "beer run" to the liquor store in Kentucky and swimming back to the boat.

But yeah, oddly enough Cincinnati was a huge place for Jimmy Buffet to do a concert at and they would never do a tour and NOT stop at Cincinnati.  One other band that I know of that hold's Cincinnati in their heart for some reason was The Mighty Mighty Bosstones.  Seemed like they ALWAYS stopped at Cincinnati when they did a tour and always mentioned loving to play for us.  Also awesome to hear out of towners loving to visit our city.  Especially from those who literally seen a few dozen cities across North America and they put Cincy in their must visit list.

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, FireHazard51 said:

I've attended one of those events in a very popular way.... I was on a boat getting shit face drunk on the Ohio River next to Riverbend concern (it's on banks of the Ohio River for those who don't know).  I couldn't hear nothing but mumbles because the speakers are not facing the river.  All those boats were just playing Jimmy Buffet songs on their speakers and were just being part of the concert in spirt.  It's weird but having a boat in Cincinnati means people expect you to use that boat for two things.  WEBN fireworks on the Ohio River and Jimmy Buffet concerts.  The former resulted in me swimming the Ohio River to legit do a "beer run" to the liquor store in Kentucky and swimming back to the boat.

But yeah, oddly enough Cincinnati was a huge place for Jimmy Buffet to do a concert at and they would never do a tour and NOT stop at Cincinnati.  One other band that I know of that hold's Cincinnati in their heart for some reason was The Mighty Mighty Bosstones.  Seemed like they ALWAYS stopped at Cincinnati when they did a tour and always mentioned loving to play for us.  Also awesome to hear out of towners loving to visit our city.  Especially from those who literally seen a few dozen cities across North America and they put Cincy in their must visit list.

Jimmy's concerts were like that all over. 

Concerts were the same in Toronto.

Jimmy reached everyone. Everywhere. 

Social Team · Posted
9 minutes ago, AirVillain said:

Jimmy's concerts were like that all over. 

Concerts were the same in Toronto.

Jimmy reached everyone. Everywhere. 

Not saying we were "the" city for Jimmy Buffet but I'm sure we up there based on the history he had with our city and the super fans we have.  Hell, we are even getting a Margaritaville Resort in 2026 and based on their other locations (https://www.margaritaville.com/stay) I'd say we stick out.  Part of that has to be due to the ridiculous fan base that exist in this area.  Don't ask me why, but it's one of those Cincinnati culture things.  You are expect to be a Reds fans, Bengals fan, and Jimmy Buffet lover.  

• Like 1

On 9/4/2023 at 4:34 PM, FireHazard51 said:

Not saying we were "the" city for Jimmy Buffet but I'm sure we up there based on the history he had with our city and the super fans we have.  Hell, we are even getting a Margaritaville Resort in 2026 and based on their other locations (https://www.margaritaville.com/stay) I'd say we stick out.  Part of that has to be due to the ridiculous fan base that exist in this area.  Don't ask me why, but it's one of those Cincinnati culture things.  You are expect to be a Reds fans, Bengals fan, and Jimmy Buffet lover.  

No no, I get it. It's all good. It's lovely that you all love Jimmy. 🤗

Just saying, that's Jimmy's whole deal... He has "super fans" everywhere. 😊

There's all sorts of places in that link in TX, TN, CA, NY City, FL (obviously), and MO.... MO? Anyways. They're already built. Yours is on its way. 

Haha... just joking around with you, but we all love Jimmy just the same. There's no place that sticks out or better than any others. I live in Canada and we be loving our Jimmy up here. 

Toronto/GTA has a group called The Toronto Maple Reefers  (Maple Leafs + Reefers 😄) that does all sorts of events, went to all his concerts here as a group, and do all sorts of charity work. My parents are in it and I've been to a bunch of events (before I moved away). 

Got a Reds/Bengals Jimmy hat??? Haha... 😆

Just joshin' with ya.... it's crazy how much one artist can affect people all around the world for so long. He did it all himself too. Didn't need any record executives making fancy videos or mass marketing help. His music created his cult following from the early 70's which created the amazing concert tours he did almost EVERY YEAR SINCE.

Revolutionized internet radio. Even paved he way for people like Eminem on Sirius... Jimmy 💞

image.jpeg.78485ff6cdc7e657eddbe2e163d6668d.jpeg