IGNORED

TIP: How do easily delete quotes from a post.

RH

While crafting a response, from time to time I've added a quote and wanted to remove it. I don't know about anyone else, but I struggled figuring out how to delete them.  The only answer I had was to clear the message field and start over.

But, there is an easy way.  All you have to do is click on the [+] button that appears at the top-left of the quote when you over over it.  Then, hit the delete key and it will go away.

Sorry, I'm not sure if there's a different or easy way I've obviously missed, but I figured this out a couple days ago and it's made using the forum a lot easier for me.

• Like 1

Editorials Team · Posted

I run into this issue on mobile chrome.  For example

1 hour ago, ookii_risu said:

Can't get rid of that unless I refresh before posting and tell it to dump the loaded content

In fact if I select the corner icon and hit delete it creates this

rwntblockquotewidget

• Like 1

Administrator · Posted
On 11/20/2019 at 6:35 PM, Reed Rothchild said:

I run into this issue on mobile chrome.  For example

Can't get rid of that unless I refresh before posting and tell it to dump the loaded content

In fact if I select the corner icon and hit delete it creates this

rwntblockquotewidget

@Reed Rothchild -- I just tested this on Chrome mobile.  If you tap twice in the gray header portion above the quote (see the two red dots below), it 'selects' the quote.  You can then tap the backspace (I had to do it twice), and it removed the quote without any issues.  Give it a try and let me know if that works for you!

IMG_7324.thumb.PNG.0a46d812a5a06ecc2d457513196ab21e.PNG

Editorials Team · Posted
25 minutes ago, spacepup said:

@Reed Rothchild -- I just tested this on Chrome mobile.  If you tap twice in the gray header portion above the quote (see the two red dots below), it 'selects' the quote.  You can then tap the backspace (I had to do it twice), and it removed the quote without any issues.  Give it a try and let me know if that works for you!

IMG_7324.thumb.PNG.0a46d812a5a06ecc2d457513196ab21e.PNG

No such luck.  This is on a pixel2