IGNORED

NES Smart Boy Super Mario Bros 3?

Armageddon Potato

There are a couple of these posted on eBay for $1,000-$3,000($3k has a “box with it”. This one’s label doesn’t look like those though, it’s horizontal instead of vertical. Either way it’s a pirate cart so you’ve got a more narrow audience. As we know, it doesn’t matter what an item is listed for, only what it sells for. I wasn’t able to find any recent sold with the same search so the real answer is it’s worth what someone will pay for it. Could be $200, could be $1,000+. It’s definitely rare and personally I’d start negotiation around $500 and go from there. 

• Like 1

Love Smart Boy.

Definitely not selling for $1000, I don't think. It's maybe possible simply because of the title (Mario 3), but my guess is more $100-500 range.

There was an OBO auction recently for two Smart Boy games, uncommon titles, and it went for like $900, which really surprised me, but now I'm kicking myself for not just going for it while I had the chance. Again, this is because of the games they were and I didn't have them.

Currently, I have Arkanoid, SMB3, TMNT, and Tetris. I used to have two copies of Tetris, sold one to a Tetris player for $200. Saw two games sell at I think SEGE in 2022, they both went for $150 each.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, docile tapeworm said:

What’s the history behind this smart boy stuff?

From what I found some South American furniture company that did some tech made these to get around rental costs for video stores or something like that. 

https://forums.atariage.com/topic/304081-nes-smart-boy-tetris/

• Like 1