IGNORED

Price different for Common Mint/near mint CIB Nes games

ProtonX

I never come across beautiful near mint/mint Nes games that look like they were played once. What’s the best way to sell them and what sort of premium do they command? The top 3 still have the cellophane wrap. Nothing crazy rare sadly. Indy heat even has the original sticker on the cellophane.

IMG_6290.jpeg.51e09020e885ff376237fa3029c70589.jpeg

I would just treat them like any other games. Look at all the BINs on eBay and see where items of similar condition fall. Then pull up recent eBay sales to see how recent auctions have played out to gauge interest. The cellophane can add a premium if it has protected the box, but it can also be faked.

I‘ve never seriously considered selling my very mintiest CIBs (I find there’s something magical about picking up a copy of a game with a wow mint factor vs even something that’s very good) but I’d start by looking at the highest selling copies on eBay and comparing my own copy to that.  Also how many others do I see that are in similar condition.  What I paid for a thing also has an influence on what I will accept for it.  If a mint copy of a game tops out at say $100 — if I paid $20 for it I’m much more likely to accept $70 - 80 vs if I paid like $60+ for it then I’m going to try to push as close to or over that top end as I can get.  I don’t auction.

• 3 weeks later...

I sell excellent condition stuff for a big premium often through a BIN unless it's one of those games with a lot of sealed copies floating around. Someone will bite. Collectors can't resist and often have a copy they can sell themselves to take a lot off the price if they're just looking to upgrade.

• Like 1