IGNORED

Game/hobby appraisals

I’m always skeptical as well, especially since no one has ever actually come to look at it themselves. As long as you have pictures and document your collection they say that’s is generally enough. In NY they say it just falls under the general category and I have enough insurance to cover all my normal stuff plus my collection. I’d have to raise my coverages my collection value was over it. My company has a separate collectibles policy but video games aren’t considered collectibles by them. 

Im pretty sure if my house burnt down we’d be arguing the value of things that haven’t had recorded sales in years. But luckily I’ve paid for a lot of stuff through PayPal so hopefully that evidence would get me paid appropriately. Plus I don’t consider making me whole just giving me money for an item - making me whole would be getting the item back.

On 6/14/2023 at 9:25 AM, a3quit4s said:

I’m always skeptical as well, especially since no one has ever actually come to look at it themselves. As long as you have pictures and document your collection they say that’s is generally enough. In NY they say it just falls under the general category and I have enough insurance to cover all my normal stuff plus my collection. I’d have to raise my coverages my collection value was over it. My company has a separate collectibles policy but video games aren’t considered collectibles by them. 

Im pretty sure if my house burnt down we’d be arguing the value of things that haven’t had recorded sales in years. But luckily I’ve paid for a lot of stuff through PayPal so hopefully that evidence would get me paid appropriately. Plus I don’t consider making me whole just giving me money for an item - making me whole would be getting the item back.

I just put up a post in the other thread so I won't repeat it here, but I'd highly suggest you purchase collectible insurance separately. I'd be highly skeptical of your insurance company's claim.

Sorry to bump the thread again. Everyone go here instead:

Edited by DoctorEncore
  • Like 1