IGNORED

Anyone near hate wireless over wires?

RH

2 minutes ago, RH said:

Anything, really, when there's an option for wired vs. wireless.  Obviously there are some clear exceptions. I'm not old enough to have ever had to have a corded remote for my TV.  But just about everything else, I'm going to prefer a wired connection (mice, keyboard, head phones, controllers, etc.)

Haha, sorry... I just clarified... I'll let you read that and then I'll respond. 😄

1 minute ago, AirVillain said:

Haha, sorry... I just clarified... I'll let you read that and then I'll respond. 😄

I'm fine with portable systems, but even then, I still plug my stuff in while I play in bed.  It's a life-long habit and because of that, cables drapped over my don't bother me.

The Switch might be the only exception.  I'm happy with the Pro Controller (the thing stays charged for weeks/months with me) and since it was designed to stay in a doc for TV play, it's always charged when I play late at night in bed.  Otherwise, I still keep battery powered stuff plugged in when I play.  I mean, I'd play without the wires if I was on a plane playing games, but I've not flown in years with a gaming console.

3 minutes ago, RH said:

I'm fine with portable systems, but even then, I still plug my stuff in while I play in bed.  It's a life-long habit and because of that, cables drapped over my don't bother me.

The Switch might be the only exception.  I'm happy with the Pro Controller (the thing stays charged for weeks/months with me) and since it was designed to stay in a doc for TV play, it's always charged when I play late at night in bed.  Otherwise, I still keep battery powered stuff plugged in when I play.  I mean, I'd play without the wires if I was on a plane playing games, but I've not flown in years with a gaming console.

Gotcha. Makes sense. 

Looking forward to the Switch myself. 

On top of my previous comments, I'm situational as others have said as well...

For the "desktop" computer... I was a little unsure about the mouse situation when I got my "new" one. But this "magic mouse" works great. Aside from the ironically cursed placement of the charging cord that renders the mouse useless (which you can simply plug in when you sleep/walk away) the wireless and Bluetooth connection is great. 

And a wireless keyboard... course there's no issue there. 

As far as headphones go, I don't have any Bluetooth ones yet, but as long as there's no lag with anything I'm watching, I'll be okay.... 🤷‍♂️

This does beg the question, though... Do you enjoy listening to the NES with headphones? If so... you must be a HUGE fan of the Sansui Joycard. 🤣