IGNORED

Dragon Warrior II/III Mail Away Posters

DK

So, I've had this poster for a while. The whole time I had assumed it was a promotional poster meant for stores. 

Then I took a look at the DW III registration card - the measurements are the same - so does this mean that this is the mail away poster on the card - and therefore 1 of 450? If so, that's pretty neat.

If this isn't the mail away poster - then where did it come from?

If it is the poster, has anyone seen the DW III poster? 

image.png.91023a65b92f625583ce224896ed5a48.png

image.thumb.png.a16048dd8df33b41e7cd5738e6fce294.png

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DK said:

So, I've had this poster for a while. The whole time I had assumed it was a promotional poster meant for stores. 

Then I took a look at the DW III registration card - the measurements are the same - so does this mean that this is the mail away poster on the card - and therefore 1 of 450? If so, that's pretty neat.

If this isn't the mail away poster - then where did it come from?

If it is the poster, has anyone seen the DW III poster? 

image.png.91023a65b92f625583ce224896ed5a48.png

image.thumb.png.a16048dd8df33b41e7cd5738e6fce294.png

I do believe that is the mail-in promotional poster obtained from that card. It's really tough to find!

Most of the other posters you see listed as CIB contents on eBay were really part of a Nintendo Power giveaway for the first game. See this thread for more awesome information.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, phart010 said:

Wow they were doing the whole limited run thing even back in the day huh

Yup before the misuse of the word limited edition came up, before the fomo scam of the limited run(pressed/printed) games popped up too, that's how it was.  Truly limited supplies of stuff, low run, knowing lower interest except for the biggest fans or those who get lost needing more like the Faria mail away map.  Now it's just $5 of crap to poach another $50-100+ of profit from. 😄