IGNORED

CasualColoring

T-Pac

Graphics Team · Posted

I recently got myself a set of specialty artist markers. I hate painting, so I've always wanted to try alcohol-based blending markers as a way to color drawings without Photoshop.

I've got a long way to go if I want to learn how to use these well, but I thought I'd share my first marker-doodle.

(And pardon all the noise in the photo - I think I cranked the saturation and compressed it too much haha.)

-CasualCart

image.jpeg.23f99f58f04d434788e93dedcf3ab1e9.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Wow! 1

Graphics Team · Posted
1 hour ago, PII said:

Do these have a particular name or brand?  It's been a while for me but in the past I've used a lot of different gel pens...

The set I got is from Ohuhu. They're a more affordable version of Copic markers, which is the 'premier' artist marker brand as far as I'm aware. Not really sure what the quality difference is, though, since I haven't used either before.

-CasualCart

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Graphics Team · Posted
15 hours ago, JamesRobot said:

Now I want some fancy markers. 

I swap between Sharpies for finer points and bold colors and the kids' fat Crayolas for broad strokes and softer saturation.

I love drawing with Crayola markers and Sharpies, but only for outlines (Most of my linework is a felt-tip Papermate pen, which is a lot like fine-point Sharpies but with less bleed).

This is one of my favorite Crayola marker drawings that I did in college...

Spoiler

image.png.79682a5809506c16858b401b3246e980.png

-CasualCart

• Like 3