IGNORED

New 2/3DS XL Power Button Placement

chair

Does the placement of the power button infuriate anyone else?  I have had to restart so many infuriatingly long Luigis Mansion: Dark Moon missions due to resting the unit on my right pinkie right under the power button.  Not only that, the button is annoyingly hard to press when I actually do want to press it.

I ordered this grip which hopefully will alleviate the issue.

Yeah I've hit that button before, guess you like to put some of the weight on a pinky finger that's kind of curled over as a support stand of sorts right?  And if you slide it into the right position while playing, the button gets the momentary hold and blip...game over.

I've played a New 3DS XL heavily since launch and that hasn't happened once.  Today I tried holding it the way you described, but it made my hand pretty uncomfortable.  I think the difference is because it's meant to be viewed more at a downwards angle the way I normally hold it, whereas in order to be keeping it where your pinky would be on the power button, it would have to be held more directly ahead of your face.

• Agree 1

Yeah, never been a problem for me during gameplay. I have accidently hit the button on occasion, maybe putting it down on a desk, or into a carry case, but generally those times I'd just be done using it anyway.

I do think it's pretty poorly placed though, and feels spongy and unsatisfying to use. They could probably have found a better place for it and a better design.