IGNORED

What do you think of this award-winning art?

3 hours ago, RH said:

I think the guy who entered this is cheating.  AI tools are written by people, and trained by people. You and I may feed them inputs, but the real "magic" comes from the AI application that people have created, plus the models they've trained on top of those AI engines.

The artist of OPs submission isn't the guy who entered some text into a tool online and entered the outputs.  They artists are the people that built and trained the AI tools, which probably isn't a short list.

I hear what you're saying. At the end of the day, I think the rules of the show should have been more clear. There should be a separate category for "computer generated art" and it's an interesting question who receives the accolades? I know it's not the same thing, but consider the people who create paints, canvases, etc. they never receive credit for that it's always the person who does the paint. Again, not a great analogy, but you could argue that the programmers are like that and that the final person who told the computer what to do is the painter. Anyway, just food for thought 🙂

Also, really awesome art you showed above! Might I ask what program you used and how?

• Agree 1

• 5 months later...

Along the same lines-

A rabbi used ChatGPT to write a sermon. He said his congregation's reaction made him 'deathly afraid' — but that it won't put him out of work just yet.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/a-rabbi-used-chatgpt-to-write-a-sermon-he-said-his-congregation-s-reaction-made-him-deathly-afraid-but-that-it-won-t-put-him-out-of-work-just-yet/ar-AA17yj2z?li=BBnbcA1

Rabbi Joshua Franklin was seen in a video dated January 1 telling his congregation at the Jewish Center of the Hamptons that he was reading a "plagiarized" sermon to them. He later revealed it was written by ChatGPT.

"Now, you're clapping — I'm deathly afraid," Franklin told his congregation when they applauded after the sermon. "I thought truck drivers were going to go long before the rabbi, in terms of losing our positions to artificial intelligence."

"And so no matter how good ChatGPT can possibly be at describing, and using language and describing experiences, it can't really understand spirituality. That's a major limitation of it," he added.

Since its release in November, ChatGPT has been used to write a children's book and draft essays, among other things. People are using it to write everything from layoff emails to dating profiles. It's also become a productivity tool at work.

• Wow! 1